Beginners and Beyond

ThursDAILIES (Read 28 times)

Well, he has arm warmers, so not sure. Wink

No, we determined earlier in the week that singlet + arm warmers is the real runner look.

Dave

delicate flower

Got an email for a race I've done called "The 12k's of Christmas". We have discussed how non-shirt giveaways are often appreciated. This race gives a hat, but I think this one is a big nope for me.

I won't do the race (again) anyway because it's hilly AF, but the hat doesn't help.

That hat is gloriously tacky.

<3

Docket_Rocket

No, we determined earlier in the week that singlet + arm warmers is the real runner look.

Oh, yes.  My bad.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

sdWhiskers

Took a mental health day today from work which allowed me to drop off my 5 year old at school. They have running club 3 mornings a week where the kids do laps for 20 min. When they hit 26 miles, they get a prize for their marathon   I ran/walked 1.25 miles with my little guy and it was awesome!

I ran another 3 miles when I got home.

Took a mental health day today from work which allowed me to drop off my 5 year old at school. They have running club 3 mornings a week where the kids do laps for 20 min. When they hit 26 miles, they get a prize for their marathon   I ran/walked 1.25 miles with my little guy and it was awesome!

I remember a race that had several distances, but one was a kids' 1.2 mile. (LRB - was this the Martian?) Kids were supposed to accumulate 25 miles of running on over some period of time, then the race would be to finish their "marathon".

Dave

KCRuns

This is the best thing I've seen all day!

RunningOnSand

That hat is gloriously tacky.

Big grin Sometimes gloriously tacky is fun.

Look up hyponatremia, often caused by drinking too much water. Granted with all the salt you are taking that's probably not an issue, but have you ever considered you may be getting all that salt encrusted on your face because you are taking too much salt and your body is trying to rid itself of the excess?

I think this could totally be the case with some people. With me, though, I don't think it is. I used to hardly drink any water at all (I'm talking about during the week or during runs). And then get awful sweat uncrusted on my face/neck. So the nutritionist I was talking to suggested taking in some water with electrolytes to help replenish me. And since following her guidelines I've actually felt a lot better, with not as much crust. Big grin  She suggests drinking ~16oz of water during an hour of running, which is probably similar to what you'd get at races with those little cups (I'm thinking it's about 7 miles per hour for a FM, so maybe 3 aid stations? If I'm taking ~4oz of water for those 3 aid stations it's probably ~12oz of water if I drink the full cup). Obviously if it's a hotter race then adjust accordingly, but I don't see myself being able to swig that much water at every aid station.  IDK. I haven't run as many marathons as many as you, so I think at this point it's still trial & error. For me, at least. Big grin

I ran 5 with my dog--it was a beautiful fall day.

GinnyinPA

8.6 miles, with 5 x 1200 at tempo.

onemile

I ran 8.  Work has been crazy and I'm just exhausted. And now I have to go to the Orlando office next week

Half Crazy K 2.0

8 on the treadmill with 5 x 6 minutes at something faster.