Beginners and Beyond

2013 Disney Marathon FE Thread (Read 381 times)

fourouta5

Healed Hammy

Bump to this thread.

Final preparations are done, finally the waiver system worked  (yea)

Are we still on for Sat at 5:00pm at Raglan Road?

Check in y'all    just a few days till the Magic happens!!

Ball of Fury

I don't think DH and I are gonna make to RR, but would definitely be up for an FE in the Corral before the start.  Looks like the weather is going to be fantastic for our vacation, just not so much for the race.  Looked at my app today at 9:00 AM, which is hopefully when I would be in the toughest part of the marathon and it was 66 and 94% humidity....ouch!

PRs:  5K 22:59, 10K 46:54,HM: 1:51:15

Docket_Rocket

I am not going to the dinner but have fun.  Maybe an FE picture the morning of?  who is doing the HM and who is the full?

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

fourouta5

Healed Hammy

I actually thought about making a flag banner to set up at the waiting area in the parking lot before heading to the corals.  Since I've never done this race (or a marathon tbh), is that even a good idea?  Say like a 10' stick with a throw away flag saying RWOL - BF or something like that.  If I did do that I would leave it in the parking lot when we move to corals.

That way we could all meet and say hi, get a photo and talk before splitting up for the race?

Ms Chenandler Bong

Husband and I are still planning on dinner at RR for the FE.  If not seems like most people can't make it, maybe we should change the reservation to a smaller number so we aren't taking up space?

I'm fine for an FE before walking to the corrals on Sunday too, maybe by bag check?

Marathon and ultra marathon runner.  Sour Patch Kid addict.

Docket_Rocket

From what I remember, the buses don't necessarily stop on the parking lot and it's so dark, it might be hard to find.  The marathon maniacs and half fanatics got more than 50 runners to meet near baggage check, which is a big circled area full of light.  Food for thought.

I actually thought about making a flag banner to set up at the waiting area in the parking lot before heading to the corals.  Since I've never done this race (or a marathon tbh), is that even a good idea?  Say like a 10' stick with a throw away flag saying RWOL - BF or something like that.  If I did do that I would leave it in the parking lot when we move to corals.

That way we could all meet and say hi, get a photo and talk before splitting up for the race?

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Docket_Rocket

And from my recollection from last year, the buses stop and you move to the big athlete's area (where baggage check is), then head to baggage check and after that, there 1 mile to the corrals.  A long walk.

Damaris

Fundraising Page

fourouta5

Healed Hammy

Glad to hear from you Mary, I am definitely planning on heading to RR.

I was gonna buy some 3' sticks, tape them together and then tape a paper flag to the top, still gotta figure out an anchor, and place that in the lighted baggage check area.  If it sticks up 2-3' above other heads, it should be found.  I'm staying at Old Key West and could walk to the start, but I won't as I want to experience the pre-race excitement and meet other runners.

Docket_Rocket

Awesome!  I'll look for it there.  I need to find Mary on Saturday anyway (otherwise I'll have to run by myself) so we'll find you!

Glad to hear from you Mary, I am definitely planning on heading to RR.

I was gonna buy some 3' sticks, tape them together and then tape a paper flag to the top, still gotta figure out an anchor, and place that in the lighted baggage check area.  If it sticks up 2-3' above other heads, it should be found.  I'm staying at Old Key West and could walk to the start, but I won't as I want to experience the pre-race excitement and meet other runners.

Damaris

Fundraising Page

Ball of Fury

DH and I will find you guys at bag check as well!  What time are you planning to get on the bus?

Docket_Rocket

Last year I took the 330 and it took more than an hour to get there.

DH and I will find you guys at bag check as well!  What time are you planning to get on the bus?

Damaris

Fundraising Page

Ball of Fury

We were planning around 3:30-3:45 I think.

You Rang?

Husband and I are still planning on dinner at RR for the FE.  If not seems like most people can't make it, maybe we should change the reservation to a smaller number so we aren't taking up space?

I'm fine for an FE before walking to the corrals on Sunday too, maybe by bag check?

Perhaps a new Roll Call for the FE at the Ragland Road?  I can change the rez if necessary.

Rick - 3 people Half only (because a 5 hr marathon sounds like something other than fun)

Rick 

PR: 5k 25:01 (10/15) 10k: 57:44 (7/14) HM: 1:57 (5/15) FM: 4:55 (1/15)

Ms Chenandler Bong

Mary- Goofy

2 people for RR on Saturday

damaris- you mean you were on a Disney bus for an hour!??  We are staying at a non-Disney hotel by DD so will be driving there.  Was planning on leaving at 4, should we leave at 3:30?

Marathon and ultra marathon runner.  Sour Patch Kid addict.

Docket_Rocket

Docket - Goofy

No FE dinner for me, sorry.

Damaris

Fundraising Page