Beginners and Beyond

All of the Saturday penguins are racing! (Read 26 times)

Zelanie

The "Penguin" daily threads were originally conceived to emphasize that all members of the community have a place on the boards. Encouragement, motivation, a little love nip (you will love one, give it a try!) or even a little kick in the pants when needed -- it can happen here. Basically, we celebrate just getting out there and moving our tails! What is "slow"? "Slow" is a perception but one of the common benchmarks is the 10:00/mi pace; but there's no firm line. In fact, there are many of us that have slipped past this, and just hope that no one notices and revokes their "igloo privileges." It can be confusing for the forum newbies, but we're not one of the teams in any of the fine games. It's a totally open group, so stop lurking, post an introduction of yourself dive in and join the fun! No application necessary! There might even be a lovely picture for Scotty (we love pics!)

Zelanie

Good luck to our racers!  Awood, Mitch, Jack, Robert, and Kristin!  Also redrum if he peeks in. Smile

I hope the rest of you are enjoying your Saturdays.  I have my weekly weight watchers meeting, then back to the robotics tournament.   The robot was doing really well until the last two matches, when it's shooting arm got injured.  And of course, they couldn't work on it because they had matches.  So hopefully between last night and this morning they can get it going again.  Maybe some ice or a cortizone shot, or wrap it in an ace bandage. Smile

Then I have 5ish tonight after the tournament.

PADRunner

Morning, 4 done and headed to the gym.

Good luck everyone!

Docket_Rocket

Morning!  Not sure which workout I'll do tonight, pending husband.

Good luck to our racers!!!!!

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Bin Running

Good luck to all racers.

RD for me today.

2015 Races

2XU HM - 29 Mar

delicate flower

Good luck all you racing penguins!  Give your races hell.  HELL, I SAY!

<3

From the Internet.

Go racers! Big grin Hope you all kicked ass!

10 FLIPPING MILE long run with the group. I wanted to divide my time between an ice bath and napping, but instead we're at a birthday party - forgot it was at 11 and I haven't had nearly enough coffee or food to be around this many screaming 5 year olds!

JerryInIL

Return To Racing

5 miles on the bike path for DW.  Good job running for 2.

Also, nephew in law had his first (probably not last) surgery on his broken/crushed vertebrae.  So far, so good.

Good luck bad ass Saturday racers.

GinnyinPA

PAD - good job on the early run and gym time.

Z - I hope your daughter got the robot fixed in time.   Enjoy your five this evening.

Damaris - enjoy your run or ride this evening.

Bin - have a good weekend.

Lauren - good job on the ten miles.  I hope you survived the birthday party all right and get a nap later.

Jerry - can you ride a bike while your wife runs?

AFM:  today's warm sunshine turned out to be cold and gray instead.  Ben still got walked, but it wasn't the beautiful spring day I hoped for.

JerryInIL

Return To Racing

Ginny,  I thought of that , but I'm sticking to walking for now. I think riding the bike would be bending my knee too much.

Robert31320

Team TJ

We ran the Red Shoes Run 5k for the Savannah Ronald McDonald House. Far from record time in this one. At the 1.1 mile mark you cross an overpass over the Truman Parkway and at the 2.6 mile mark you cross it again coming back (the second pass is not fair). Had a great time at this event!

Running for TJ because he can't.

Jack K.

uʍop ǝpᴉsdn sǝʇᴉɹʍ ʇI

5k is done and now we are at the swim meet. I ran a 20:40 and DW got a 23:20.

Redrum and me post race. The beer was good, Jerry.  Smile

PADRunner

Wish I could have been there for it!

5k is done and now we are at the swim meet. I ran a 20:40 and DW got a 23:20.

Redrum and me post race. The beer was good, Jerry.  Smile

GinnyinPA

Congratulations to Jack, your wife, Redrum and Robert.