Beginners and Beyond

Skyscraper Friday Penguins (Read 22 times)

Docket_Rocket

Ginny, her allergy is probably mild.  If I were to do that, I would die immediately.  The smell alone can trigger hives for me.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

Morning!  I have 7 miles tonight.

I am allergic to shellfish but I make a mean vegetarian paella, for those that want to try it (Zel, maybe).

I am not allergic to shellfish, I just don't want to eat that nasty stuff....      

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

Hi Pens.

Zel and Jerry: No OR or Big 12 schools for DD. They are going up to the central coast of CA; Santa Cruz, Monterrey, San Luis Obispo...  Today is DD2's 14th birthday and I am celebrating it by not running. I am not running because the PT has prescribed a week of rest and ice.

Other that that, DD1 has another track meet tomorrow and we are taking DS back to university in San Diego. Lots of miles this weekend, those of the driving kind, not running. Sigh...  Oh well, at least there is beer.

Have a good weekend.

Well, Jack, rest, and also use the ice...in a cold alcoholic beverage of your choice... 

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

Hey pengs

pad the forecast looks pretty good.  

Jack, enjoy college shopping with your daughter.  Sorry to hear about the rest and ice BS

Hey scotty, sapf, and jerry

My running is not so good right now. My shin kills me off and on. PT people don't really know what it is or how to fix it. They want me to go ahead and run my HALF next sat and then take 2 MONTHS (!!! WTF) off and blast my core/hips/low back with strength exercises and then start running again very slowly.  Have not decided what to do yet but it PROB won't be that 

Hope everyone has a great weekend full of beer and peeps and Cadbury and Reese's cup eggs.

Traci, you may just end up like me, having to wear a shin sleeve every time I run.   Or have you tried them already?

PADRunner

Morning!  I have 7 miles tonight.

I am allergic to shellfish but I make a mean vegetarian paella, for those that want to try it (Zel, maybe).

Sounds good!

PADRunner

PAD - sounds like nice weather for the race.  Much better than snow and ice!  What's the total elevation gain, do you know?  Good luck.

Yea the weather is looking good, but may be a little warm in the sun. I think It's a little less than 100ft total over a mile.

I ran the Half there last year and it is part of the same course.  Yes mile 23- 23.7  was the same as the 10-10.7 on the Half course.  And no it was not fun at all.   Elevation from my garmin was 433-506 in that distance.

Total elevation delta was was from a 414-506.

Link to half marathon course - https://connect.garmin.com/course/6098513

PAD,

As a note: I think I'll go out for the 10k - will be on the course after if you need me.

I appreciate it and I'll keep an eye out for you.

I'm off to a Health Fest conference in Marshall Tx today and tomorrow.  Rich Roll and Matt Frazier are a couple of the speakers along with a DRs, nutritionists, cooks and a lot of others. Should be a interesting.

Zelanie

I will take some vegetarian paella! I haven't ever had it because I always assume it has fish in it if I'm out.

Docket_Rocket

I will take some vegetarian paella! I haven't ever had it because I always assume it has fish in it if I'm out.

Google PETA vegetarian paella. Remind me tonight and I'll PM it to you.  It's very good.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

GinnyinPA

PAD - not bad elevation gain at all, though the one at the end is going to feel hard. Gettysburg is notoriously hilly, with about 1400' elev. gain/loss total according to the RA software. The worst is a hill at mile 7 where you climb 140' in .6.  I know where I'll be walking.  A few others where you climb 50' in .3 won't be fun either.

PADRunner

Google PETA vegetarian paella. Remind me tonight and I'll PM it to you.  It's very good.

Me too.

Zelanie

Ooh, found it.  Looks good. Smile

Vegetarian Paella.

Lemon cake is in the oven.