Beginners and Beyond

The FIFTH (Read 57 times)

LRB

Does anyone know if you add future workouts to your calendar without them being apart of a training plan?

USA!

Cyberic

USA!

My son and I were rooting for the US, DW and DD for Japan. After 15 minutes, DS and I were pretty confident. I like watching women sports at that level.

Zelanie

Now I am at the e-vet with Mia, who started vomiting blood. 

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

sorry to hear that, vomiting blood is never good.

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

wcrunner2

Are we there, yet?

You were smart to cut it short, heat is one obstacle that is very difficult to overcome in running. You could end up dead or worse, half dead.

Apparently I didn't get enough food and drink into me after the run, because I felt out of it at work this evening. Now that I;m home and had a second dinner (supper) and more cold drinks, I feel better.

2024 Races:

03/09 - Livingston Oval Ultra 6-Hour, 22.88 miles

05/11 - D3 50K
                    05/25 - What the Duck 12-Hour

06/17 - 6 Days in the Dome 12-Hour.

Zelanie

Apparently I didn't get enough food and drink into me after the run, because I felt out of it at work this evening. Now that I;m home and had a second dinner (supper) and more cold drinks, I feel better.

I definitely have felt it afterwards when I've been running in heat lately. Like just totally melted later in the day when that distance normally wouldn't be an issue.

Thanks, FS!

In happier news, Craig Leon just won this year's version of the HM that I ran in Costa Rica last year.  He was over a minute slower than Ryan Hall's course record, though.

Docket_Rocket

Oh, no.  Hope she is OK.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Zelanie

Oh, no.  Hope she is OK.

Thanks, D. Waiting on some tests to come back. They left me in here with nothing but my phone, an estimate of the bill, and some dog puke.

MTA- They are keeping her overnight for some IV fluids and meds.  The tests and xrays all came back normal, so that's good.