Beginners and Beyond

Five RRs in one....lots of pictures (Read 121 times)

kristin10185

Skirt Runner

Thanks everyone.....I do have a ton of fun racing! Nothing like waking up on race morning.... The adreneneline is addicting Smile

PRs:   5K- 28:16 (5/5/13)      10K- 1:00:13 (10/27/13)    4M- 41:43 (9/7/13)   15K- 1:34:25  (8/17/13)    10M- 1:56:30 (4/6/14)     HM- 2:20:16 (4/13/14)     Full- 5:55:33 (11/1/15)

I started a blog about running :) Check it out if you care to

Wow,  lots of racing, nice job.  Sorry about the stress fracture, although to be optimistic at least your recovery will be during the worst part of the running year.

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

I only see one problem here...the last 3 races you did were too cold for you not to wear long pants/tights, so you didn't get to show off those absolutely Great Legs of yours. 

Wow, you've been busy!  Congrats on all those races!  Dang, I was thinking of doing the MCM 10K in the future - and I actually like HUGE events - but the way you described it, really does sound like military Operation FUBAR (F'ed Up Beyond All Repair) or Operation SNAFU (Situation Normal:  All F'ed Up!).   An hour wait for a bathroom break, and then they pulled you over before the finish line?  That is messed up.

Your last 3 sounds like - altho pretty darn cold - they went lots better for you.  Way to go Kristin!

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

happylily

You're getting in lots of great racing experience, Kristin. That's excellent! Too bad about missing that sub-1:00 finish time, how upsetting it must have been for you. Seems unfair to me... I hope you heal well and quickly so that you can resume training in time for the spring, where you are sure to do some great racing once again! And thanks for sharing the great pics, I always enjoy those. 

PRs: Boston Marathon, 3:27, April 15th 2013

Cornwall Half-Marathon, 1:35, April 27th 2013

18 marathons, 18 BQs since 2010

LRB

You are shrinking right before our eyes.