Beginners and Beyond

Snowy WednesDAILIES (Read 22 times)

Cyberic

I just had my first hard workout in months.  5 x 4:00 hard/3:00 easy.  I averaged a 6:23 pace on the intervals.  A good starting point for building some speed.  6.71 miles/6:43 avg pace for the run.  My lungs were burning...not used to that.

Nice!

Cyberic

My speed work shifted today from shorter/faster distances to longer and somewhat slower (but still faster than HM pace) distances.  6 x 1 mile with 400m recoveries.  Tough work and I could feel my stride faltering at the end (and could even hear a change in the way my feet were hitting the track), but that's good practice for that last 1 - 2 miles of a half marathon.

Nice! A bit late to the party to comment on them Hansons strength intervals, but I've lived them also... in FM training, though.

Cyberic

there's nothing wrong with not taking days off... it's the obsession with not breaking your streak. But you seem to have broken out of it a little 

Cyberic

On the subject of days off, after a couple of years of no specific RD scheduled, I 'm now in a 6 days/week schedule and I like it. I have no idea if or when I'll go back to 7 days / week. It is not important. Right now, I'm still adapting to my new regimen of daily elevation change and feel like I need a day off here and there.

GinnyinPA

Beautiful day here, sunny and 60. I ran 9.5.

sdWhiskers

Beautiful day here, sunny and 60. I ran 9.5.

Nice! It's only 55 here 

Half Crazy K 2.0

6 with 3 x 1 mile T.  No snow here, it was 60 degrees.

LRB

6 with 3 x 1 mile T.  No snow here, it was 60 degrees.

Getting closer amd closer to aw hell naw running weather.

Docket_Rocket

Nice! It's only 55 here 

55F is lovely!

Our high was 60F but downtown is so windy I was slightly chilled going in and out of the building earlier.

I am exhausted from all the packing and from going through 300 pages of bank statements at the deposition. I was expecting an older person considering the amount of $ going in and out of the bank accounts, but he was a millennial.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

onemile

I ran 10 with URP. It was around 40 here