Beginners and Beyond

Race times in sigs (Read 260 times)

Didn't he say he could run a sub-3:00 right off the couch, without training for it?  That was one of the best lines I have read on these here forums.

Yes, yes he did.  I think my mouth was hanging open at that.  Amazing talent.  Plus, he is in Fucking, Austria right now.  Lucky man.

YAYpril - B-Plus

Didn't he say he could run a sub-3:00 right off the couch, without training for it?  That was one of the best lines I have read on these here forums.

Yep! I remember that. Wasn't he getting ready to run a marathon in Hawaii when he said that?

wcrunner2

Are we there, yet?

Yep! I remember that. Wasn't he getting ready to run a marathon in Hawaii when he said that?

I think he's currently doing something crazy like training for an ultra. Big grin

2024 Races:

03/09 - Livingston Oval Ultra 6-Hour, 22.88 miles

05/11 - D3 50K
              05/25 - What the Duck 12-Hour

06/17 - 6 Days in the Dome 12-Hour.

Love the Half

That is the difference between real talent and just sort of decent recreational runner talent.  I am hoping to barely, barely run under 3 hours in November after a lot of seriously focused training.  And I'm almost 10 years younger.

Short term goal: 17:59 5K

Mid term goal:  2:54:59 marathon

Long term goal: To say I've been a runner half my life.  (I started running at age 45).

xor

Goo is a class act (and a dirty old man, the fun way, not the sleezy way, I DIGRESS) and definitely in the top of the top tier long distance runners here.

But that kind of wasn't the point when he was mentioned and I suspect he'd nod up and down in agreement at this: there are indeed a NUMBER of fast runners in RA.  The forum is not just BB.  In addition to those mentioned, go check out the log for schneidr.  Yes, not Goo, but that's ok.  Yall really don't have to circle the wagons and defend the awesomeness of the mighty G.  We all know he's the man.

And go check out BadDawg.  Ok, he's a 2:40-something marathoner.  Point of note... he was a 3:30-something marathoner who was known to gallowalk sometimes.  That is remarkable improvement.  Oh yeah.  Let's just say he's not 29 anymore.  He looks like Sam Elliott. And, like Goo, a really really great guy.

And when you move away from "marathon" you will find some damn fast folks at other distances.  And people who have represented their country.  DoppleBock has represented the US of A.  WrigleyGirl was an alternate for this year's US of  A team.  The event?  The 24 hour world championships.

Sometimes this stuff is in sigs, sometimes not.

As for the sigs themselves, eh, whatever.  I don't care.  Sigs become kind of invisible after awhile.

My pet peeve is the person using the 20 line sig for 1 line posts.

Ok, bye.

PS: The drama here.  Oy.

MadisonMandy

Refurbished Hip

I think he's currently doing something crazy like training for an ultra. Big grin

Sounds like someone else I know...  Wink

I'm such a good influence!

Running is dumb.

wcrunner2

Are we there, yet?

Stevie Ray - great to see you drop in. With you'd visit us more often. Love your wit and sometimes good old-fashioned common sense.

2024 Races:

05/11 - D3 50K

Awood_Runner

Smaller By The Day

I might have to venture into the rest of the forum someday, but I'm scared.  What if they don't like me.

Improvements

Weight 100 pounds lost

5K 31:02 Sept. 2012 / 23:36 Sept. 2013 (Same Course)

10K 48:59 April 2013

HM 2:03:56 Nov. 2012 / 1:46:50 March 2013

MARATHON 3:57:33 Nov. 2013

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

Good Luck Cool

I might have to venture into the rest of the forum someday, but I'm scared.  What if they don't like me.

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

wcrunner2

Are we there, yet?

You could always reciprocate the feeling. Evil

2024 Races:

05/11 - D3 50K

Yes, they might criticize the 20-line sig on your 1-line post. Wink

Dave

Hip Redux

+1   Awood - for shame!   Get that sig under control!  :P  lol

Awood_Runner

Smaller By The Day

no Big grin

+1   Awood - for shame!   Get that sig under control!  :P  lol

Improvements

Weight 100 pounds lost

5K 31:02 Sept. 2012 / 23:36 Sept. 2013 (Same Course)

10K 48:59 April 2013

HM 2:03:56 Nov. 2012 / 1:46:50 March 2013

MARATHON 3:57:33 Nov. 2013

happylily

LOL!

PRs: Boston Marathon, 3:27, April 15th 2013

Cornwall Half-Marathon, 1:35, April 27th 2013

18 marathons, 18 BQs since 2010

MrNamtor

i was thinking the exact same thing about awood's sig. Then I thought, but who the hell wouldn't love awood? Big grin