Beginners and Beyond

Friday Penguins Feeling Fine (Read 17 times)

GinnyinPA

The "Penguin" daily threads were originally conceived to emphasize that all members of the community have a place on the boards. Encouragement, motivation, a little love nip (you will love one, give it a try!) or even a little kick in the pants when needed -- it can happen here. Basically, we celebrate just getting out there and moving our tails! What is "slow"? "Slow" is a perception but one of the common benchmarks is the 10:00/mi pace; but there's no firm line. In fact, there are many of us that have slipped past this, and just hope that no one notices and revokes their "igloo privileges." And some penguins don't run at all, we just hang out for the company! It can be confusing for the forum newbies, but we're not one of the teams in any of the fine games. It's a totally open group, so stop lurking, post an introduction of yourself dive in and join the fun! No application necessary! There might even be a lovely picture for Scotty (we love pics!)

GinnyinPA

Well, at least I hope we are.  I'm sleepy after about 3 hours sleep last night, but otherwise I'm good.  DH made his famous fruit pancakes this morning, so I'm happy.

Probably a rest day for me.  I think we're about ready to finish painting the basement.  Moving the books from one side of the room to the other and then back again was very time consuming. We should have tossed out about half, but that didn't happen, at least, not yet.

Docket_Rocket

Morning. RD for me as well.

ginny, fruit pancake yumminess.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Jill.

Penguin Power!

I should run something.  I am a little sick/congested but maybe it'll help.  Also, the miles game... =P

Upcoming Races: Run as One 4M (4/24) * Japan Run 4M (5/8) * Brooklyn Half (5/21) 

Singer who runs a smidge

Morning, Penguins!!  I'm not quite feeling fine, but nearly.  I had a weird night last night, woke up in the middle of the night completely dizzy, the room spinning, etc.  When I woke up this morning, I was still a little prone to the room spinning, and slightly nauseous, and my head kind of felt overfull, like if I tipped it just a bit it would just keep rolling off my shoulders and across the room.  I have no idea what happened, except that it was too warm and stuffy last night.  I'm wondering, though, if it was a sort of migraine, since I had some light sensitivity to go along with.  Anyway, an Excedrin and a couple of ginger capsules got me to work, and now I'm mostly back to normal, as long as I don't turn my head too quickly.  Weird!!

Ginny -- Mmm, fruit pancakes!!  Good luck painting!!

Docket -- have a good RD!!

sapf -- good luck running something!!

When it's all said and done, no one remembers how far we have run.  The only thing that matters is how we have loved.

PADRunner

Morning, 10 mp this morning, felt good & feeling fine.

Philliefan33

I'm feeling fine, now that I am done running. Five crappy miles in dreary/warm/humid weather. But it's done.

This afternoon DH and I plan to pick up leaves (again). This will be the last time for the year at this house since all the leaves have fallen. We still have more at the main house.

Jack K.

uʍop ǝpᴉsdn sǝʇᴉɹʍ ʇI

Today is a day for total and complete rest; no run, no gym, nothing. I do have a drum gig tonight so that's nice. Tomorrow I will be back at it with 9 easy miles.

JerryInIL

Return To Racing

Morning, Penguins!!  I'm not quite feeling fine, but nearly.  I had a weird night last night, woke up in the middle of the night completely dizzy, the room spinning, etc.  When I woke up this morning, I was still a little prone to the room spinning, and slightly nauseous, and my head kind of felt overfull, like if I tipped it just a bit it would just keep rolling off my shoulders and across the room.  I have no idea what happened, except that it was too warm and stuffy last night.  I'm wondering, though, if it was a sort of migraine, since I had some light sensitivity to go along with.  Anyway, an Excedrin and a couple of ginger capsules got me to work, and now I'm mostly back to normal, as long as I don't turn my head too quickly.  Weird!!

Hope this is a one time event, HsM.  I get it every few years and it goes away within hours.