Beginners and Beyond

Terpsichorean Thursday Penguins (Read 21 times)

Jack K.

uʍop ǝpᴉsdn sǝʇᴉɹʍ ʇI

Can someone turn the California furnace off?  I have a marathon in two weeks!

No kidding... I have one in three. Where are you running? I thought SF was in July?

Late check in for me. I have 8 miles either tonight or EARLY tomorrow morning. Like D said, the furnace is on. There is no was I am running 8 miles in 96 degree heat.  I think I will do it in the morning. Blah...  Then it's 20 Saturday morning with DW and a swim meet after that.

I got a flat tire on the way to work this morning. First time ever. I picked up some big spiky thing and the hole may even be too big to plug. I changed the tire in about 20 minutes and wasn't even late. Smile

Awood_Runner

Smaller By The Day

Jack - You're not going to make the pit crew with a 20 minute tire change lol.  At least you weren't late though.

Improvements

Weight 100 pounds lost

5K 31:02 Sept. 2012 / 23:36 Sept. 2013 (Same Course)

10K 48:59 April 2013

HM 2:03:56 Nov. 2012 / 1:46:50 March 2013

MARATHON 3:57:33 Nov. 2013

Jack K.

uʍop ǝpᴉsdn sǝʇᴉɹʍ ʇI

Awood: I have a new car and couldn't find the jack! It took me about 5-7 minutes to find it, so... Also, I left my pneumatic drill and air compressor at home. That would have saved me another 5 minutes. Wink

Docket_Rocket

No kidding... I have one in three. Where are you running? I thought SF was in July?

Late check in for me. I have 8 miles either tonight or EARLY tomorrow morning. Like D said, the furnace is on. There is no was I am running 8 miles in 96 degree heat , I am NOT Docket.  I think I will do it in the morning. Blah...  Then it's 20 Saturday morning with DW and a swim meet after that.

I got a flat tire on the way to work this morning. First time ever. I picked up some big spiky thing and the hole may even be too big to plug. I changed the tire in about 20 minutes and wasn't even late. Smile

Well, I accidentally wrote the Surfer's Path RD to switch me from the half to the full and the idiot did it.  So, it's his fault. 

FYP.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

GinnyinPA

I ended up doing 6 miles on the railtrail in a nearby town.  I wasn't sure what I'd do today, if anything, when I got up.  Yesterday I ended up with 7 on the TM, including 3 or so miles of intervals, and I wasn't sure how much I'd be feeling the speedwork.  Turned out it wasn't bad.

sapf - where are you travelling this summer?  It's hard to find long races in the summer unless you go way north.  Around here it's all 5ks except for one 5 miler.

Awood_Runner

Smaller By The Day

What did we learn?  Always take the compressor with you!  lol

Awood: I have a new car and couldn't find the jack! It took me about 5-7 minutes to find it, so... Also, I left my pneumatic drill and air compressor at home. That would have saved me another 5 minutes. Wink

Improvements

Weight 100 pounds lost

5K 31:02 Sept. 2012 / 23:36 Sept. 2013 (Same Course)

10K 48:59 April 2013

HM 2:03:56 Nov. 2012 / 1:46:50 March 2013

MARATHON 3:57:33 Nov. 2013

Robert31320

Team TJ

I've ended up with a second rest day. 3 straight, coming right up!

Running for TJ because he can't.

JerryInIL

Return To Racing

Jack - You're not going to make the pit crew with a 20 minute tire change lol.  At least you weren't late though.

They put spare tires in Tesla's?

Jack K.

uʍop ǝpᴉsdn sǝʇᴉɹʍ ʇI

They put spare tires in Tesla's?

No, there are two if them. A spare for the spare, if you will.