Beginners and Beyond

Rocky and Bullwinkle Wednesdailies! (Read 43 times)

LRB

I saw some Michigan broadcast that threw water in the air and it turned to snow before it hit the ground!!

I did not see that but can believe based on how it has felt here this week, horrible.

Docket_Rocket

Pilates done. She has killed my arms since she cannot use my knee. She even made me do pullups!  I am done!

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Having lived here for all but one year of my life (and being born the Spring after the infamous Blizzard of '77), this is the worst storm I have been in, hands down.

There are still people stranded in their vehicles on the Thruway going on 48 hours, and many residential streets in the hardest-hit areas have not been plowed yet.  They are impassable to even the largest truck.  Travel bans remain in place (although I drove through two "banned" towns to get home, and past police without incident.)

Definitely glad to be home with a warm fire and not stuck in a snowbank somewhere.

LRB

Having lived here for all but one year of my life (and being born the Spring after the infamous Blizzard of '77), this is the worst storm I have been in, hands down.

There are still people stranded in their vehicles on the Thruway going on 48 hours, and many residential streets in the hardest-hit areas have not been plowed yet.  They are impassable to even the largest truck.  Travel bans remain in place (although I drove through two "banned" towns to get home, and past police without incident.)

Definitely glad to be home with a warm fire and not stuck in a snowbank somewhere.

Glad to hear you are safe Jay, that whole thing is crazy!

outoftheblue

It's in the high 50s and drizzling here, so no complaints at all.  It feels like Fall weather.  I've already starting thinking about marathon gear, but it's really too far out to plan properly.  It could be anywhere from 20 degrees, to a howling rainstorm, to 40 degrees and sunny at the start.  The last two years, CIM has seen some extreme weather, so I'm mentally preparing for anything.

6.35 on the treadmill with some .10 intervals/strides at end.

Life is good.

LRB

The last two years, CIM has seen some extreme weather, so I'm mentally preparing for anything.

I hope to win CIM at some point in the future.  Don't laugh, you may need an autograph.  Big grin

Docket_Rocket

Sounds horrible, Jay.  Stay safe and warm.  I hope the strays around the area found where to hide from that cold.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

Rocky and I got 4.1 miles in on the greenway... strangely a 9:14 min/mile pace seemed rather easy compared to this past 2 weeks of trail running. I hope I can get my 7-8 miles in tomorrow morning.

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

happylily

OMG, Jay!  Stay safe!

Ran 7 yesterday. Rest day today.

PRs: Boston Marathon, 3:27, April 15th 2013

Cornwall Half-Marathon, 1:35, April 27th 2013

18 marathons, 18 BQs since 2010

B-Plus

Wow Jay! Be careful out there.

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

glad you are safe, hope nobody is suffering to badly out there stranded.

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)