Beginners and Beyond

Goosebumps 24-Hour Run RR (Read 60 times)

StepbyStep-SH

Outstanding!  Great job on some killer mileage!! 

I'm contemplating this for next year, jumping from 50k (four of them), straight to a 100 miler. 

There was even one guy who had never run over 17 miles at once who ran 100. Now, he obviously wasn't an off the couch runner - he was in great shape. Look in the photos for the guy with orange compression socks - early on he's shirtless with a heart rate monitor. Had the cutest little kids there, too, with his wife.

20,000 miles behind me, the world still to see.

StepbyStep-SH

Awesome report, Step!  Congrats on hitting your goal, especially since you were starting to feel labored so early into the race.

I took a look at the picture link.  That looks like a fun place to run and it sounds like you described it well.  Flat, but you better be paying attention.

About half of the people in my group fell at some point. Luckily, I was not one of them. Only one near-crash.

20,000 miles behind me, the world still to see.

Half Crazy K 2.0

Wow, 56 miles. Sounds like a great event and even better that you got to spend time with your son & friends.

Brilliant

Great job!  I'm glad you found your second wind and reached your goal.

The pics on the link you posted are fantastic.  What a beautiful course - between the pics and your descriptions, I almost feel like I was there.

happylily

Walking alone through the dark woods was more peaceful than frightening, especially the loop in which the light slowly started to come up, with mist hanging in a couple of spots, and then pink sunrise reflecting off the water of one lagoon. I stopped to think about how the things I experienced — the sunset, the moon, the sunrise — were part of what make this kind of event so worthwhile.

Shari, knowing you, I don't think there is much that could frighten you. That you can experience something like this and then be able to express it so beautifully after, I envy and admire you both for it. There is great strength within you, and this event proved it. You are amazing!

PRs: Boston Marathon, 3:27, April 15th 2013

Cornwall Half-Marathon, 1:35, April 27th 2013

18 marathons, 18 BQs since 2010

happylily

Great job!  I'm glad you found your second wind and reached your goal.

The pics on the link you posted are fantastic.  What a beautiful course - between the pics and your descriptions, I almost feel like I was there.

+100 on the beautiful pics!

PRs: Boston Marathon, 3:27, April 15th 2013

Cornwall Half-Marathon, 1:35, April 27th 2013

18 marathons, 18 BQs since 2010

hog4life

Congrats!  I want to do one of these, so thanks for sharing.

GinnyinPA

Congratulations!  That is impressive.

bluerun

Super B****

I absolutely DON'T want to do one of these -- but I admire those who do.  Congratulations on achieving your goal!

chasing the impossible

because i never shut up ... i blog