Beginners and Beyond

Same Ol' Song and MONDAILIES (Read 48 times)

Cool  WELCOME TO THE DAILIES THREAD!   Cool

Anyone and everyone can post your runs, cross-training, abdominal work, rest days, race plans, training questions, etc.. The only stupid question is the one you did not post. There’s a great mix of beginners and veterans, runners and walkers, and maniacs and returners, from injury  to running. We're all a little crazy here, too! While this thread is a terrific source of motivation for runners and serves as outstanding accountability, you’ll quickly find this remarkable group to be highly supportive of all life experiences. So, come on in, put your feet up, and stay a while (not literally)! And whoever is up first is welcome to start the thread and we definitely keep some weird hours.

I'm awake early, as usual, feeling fine, but won't run until after work. After yesterday, I want to spend the day today making sure that I hydrate and eat well. I'll do push-ups and ab work in a bit, so those will be out of the way, then, have a relaxing shower.

Just B.S.

Headed to the pool for 2,000 yards this morning.

Love doing laps day after a long run. Feels so great!

Have a good day everyone!

flarunner

Mornin' All!

Did 6 this morning.

Have a great day everyone!

It's going to be 77* today and 85* tomorrow and 50's by the end of the week with rain........gotta love the weather in the Midwest. If you don't like it wait 15 minutes.

im going for an easy couple miles after work.

First Race

Hot Chocolate 5K Chicago November 4, 2012 30:17

Second Race

Penguin in the Park 5K Decatur Illinois March 23,2013 27:08

Scott

delicate flower

Happy Monday, kiddos!!  Two easy (hopefully) work days this week then wife and I are on vacation!  We had a nice weekend.  Bike rides, workouts, nice weather, good eats.  Today will be elliptical and a legs workout.

Lots of RR's from this weekend, I see.  I poked my head into some of those threads, but being unable to run was really grating on me this weekend so my participation on RA was minimal.  I just didn't feel like posting.  SORRY.  With the nice weather arriving and everyone else racing, the self-pity factor is rising.  I've made it this far though.  One more week and I can start running again.  I still won't be racing any time soon.

<3

LRB

Supp Dailies!

Sounds like a good plan B.  Better safe.

Beth, you are so right, I would love to make Monday a swim day....

Good morning Flo!

Spark, in Michigan the weather saying goes if you don't like it, wait five minutes!

As for me, today is total rest with no running, myrtles or anything.    It has been three weeks since I have had one of those and it feels about right.  Waking up at 6:35 as opposed to my usual pre-5:00 am wake up was nice.

I will be back at it early tomorrow with some lactate threshold work at the track.

BruceD555

Good morning folks! I'm undecided on what to do today. My legs feel great after the race on Saturday and I am highly tempted to do a couple of VERY EASY recovery miles this afternoon. We're supposed to get scattered thunderstorms today so I'll just play it by ear and make a last-second decision based on the weather.

Train smart ... race smarter.

kristin10185

Skirt Runner

Morning!

SRD for me. I am listening to the radio as I get ready for work, and the people hosting the radio show just referred to a half marathon as a marathon 5 times while discussing someone running the More Magazine Women's Half in NYC, Then they talked about someone else running a marathon this weekend. It was a 5K. Grr.

PRs:   5K- 28:16 (5/5/13)      10K- 1:00:13 (10/27/13)    4M- 41:43 (9/7/13)   15K- 1:34:25  (8/17/13)    10M- 1:56:30 (4/6/14)     HM- 2:20:16 (4/13/14)     Full- 5:55:33 (11/1/15)

I started a blog about running :) Check it out if you care to

Ball of Fury

Another day of lazy nothingness over here!  I have my follow-up this afternoon to see what the MRI showed, which I am assuming is absolutely nothing.  I considered getting up and doing Insanity this morning, just to exercise, but decided it would be better to wait and make absolutely sure there is no stress fracture.  I did find a new set of stretches and hip exercises online yesterday (Frederickson protocol or something like that) so I did those yesterday and will keep doing them until I go to the new PT to see what he says.  My legs were feeling pretty good yesterday so I did a test "run" across my living room, but yeah, the pain came back immediately.  I must tell you I am surprised at how depressed I am about not being able to run.  It's not even missing the race, I don't think....I just want to go outside and run.  And of course, when you can't run, you just see runners everywhere!!  Anyway, enough whining from me.  I am NOT going to complain anymore...I am going to do what needs to be done to get back out there.  I will admit I considered last night asking if I can run the 5K Saturday....I am a hopeless lost cause over here!  On another topic, I am part of another forum and a group on there wants to do a group HM or FM and we have settled on Shamrock in March.  Since we have IMM in November, my plan is for us to do the Shamrock HM and then run a FM in late April, where I HOPE to go for a BQ (obviously all depends on how things go with the injury and all that, but hey, a girl can dream, right?).  Anyway, we are down to Carmel, Illinois, or Glass City...thoughts?

Phil:  I hear on the nerve grating...don't be sorry!!

PRs:  5K 22:59, 10K 46:54,HM: 1:51:15

Beth, enjoy your swim.

flarunner, amazing pre-work six.

Scott, I hope that your post-work run goes well.

Phil, I hope that this next week passes quickly for you.

Rick, enjoy your well-earned rest day.

BruceD555, have fun doing whatever you do.

kristin10185, have a relaxing and refreshing rest day. That grates on my nerves, like steel on cheese. I'd e-mail them, kindly explaining that a marathon is a specific distance, that the general term is race.

AmiK, good luck today. 

Forty push-ups and ab work are done. Yeah.

Morning!

Congrats again to all the weekend racers!

My usual Monday AM pre-work yoga was pretty tough to get through today. I think my body is still recovering from doing 15 in the rain last night (is there something about running in the rain that takes more out of you?), and kind of a generally exhausting weekend.

Dave

kristin10185

Skirt Runner

Hugs to Ami! Hope you get some good news!!

I know what you mean about seeing runners everywhere when you can't run. One morning, when my ITBS was awful, my boyfriend and I went to brunch at a  restaurant right on the water. We sat by a window abd there was a path RIGHT in front of the window that about 735176527 runners ran by on during our meal. It was a beautiful, unseasonably warm winter day, perfect for running and I just got so, so sad watching the runners out the window.

Here's to hoping you are back in your running shoes soon!

PRs:   5K- 28:16 (5/5/13)      10K- 1:00:13 (10/27/13)    4M- 41:43 (9/7/13)   15K- 1:34:25  (8/17/13)    10M- 1:56:30 (4/6/14)     HM- 2:20:16 (4/13/14)     Full- 5:55:33 (11/1/15)

I started a blog about running :) Check it out if you care to

LRB

Good morning folks! I'm undecided on what to do today. My legs feel great after the race on Saturday and I am highly tempted to do a couple of VERY EASY recovery miles this afternoon.

That is going to hurt.  ; )

Ami, no words just good vibes.  We all handle it differently, I just focused on the day when I thought I would be able to run, and day dreamed about it the rest of the time.

Speaking of that, Boon you wait until the end to succumb to self pity?  That is odd.  I thought I read somewhere that you ran five minutes on a treadmill?  I must have day dreamed that myself lol!  Hang in there bro, it is almost ova boo ya!

Kristin that is funny!

Dave, you did it wrong, rain is invigorating.  : P

Jack K.

uʍop ǝpᴉsdn sǝʇᴉɹʍ ʇI

Hi Dailies...

It's a rest day for me. I wrote a RR on my HM so give it a read if you like. I PR'd by four minutes so it was pretty cool.  Have a good day.

DaveP: you can keep the pen but I am keeping the Cadillac'