Beginners and Beyond

Saturdailies marathoners and whatnot (Read 53 times)

Cyberic

Don't get me wrong. I am VERY happy with my race today. Afterwards we were walking back to the hotel and I was like ' I just ran a 3:16 marathon!!' and the guy in front of me turns around and is smiling. And I'm like, sorry I'm a dork I'm just really excited and he's like me too I ran a 3:16 too! 

That's cool!

Half Crazy K 2.0

A little over 8, picked it up a bit the last 2 or 3 miles. Kinda easy to up the pace with a tailwind. ETA, just looked at my Garmin data. How in the f do they determine calories burned? 56 calories in 1 miles, 3 others had calories burned as 66, 64 and 66. If I was under 5 foot tall and way under 100lbs, maybe. But I most definitely taller and heavier than that.

Baboon, nice race and win. Melt a little dark chocolate on the pecan pie and add some ice cream.

Onemile, wow! Impressive racec & PR>

Pleasant Ridge, wow! That's a long run.

Freesoul, congrats on the AG win.

WCRunner2, nice job on the 5k. I always like to do the races super close to home, I feel like if I support them, they'll keep holding them.

StepbyStep, congrats on the AG award and sounds like a great way to spend the morning with your son.

RicG, sounds like a tough course, especially putting hills in the back half, that's just cruel.

Lauren and WIP, good luck tomorrow with your races.

Ric-G

everything appears to be in order, but my calves are sore??? that's never happened. it was one strange day, but i'll just file it in the marathon catalog. nothing more i could have done.

Sounds rough, check to make sure you have all your body parts!

marathon pr - 3:16

Ric-G

It sounds like a more severe version of Boston and that course beat me up like nothing else. Congrats.

funny, i was trying to compare it to other courses and boston was one of them...and i ran boston 10 minutes better than my pos performance today.

but no matter, you deserve the congrats today...great job killing it!

marathon pr - 3:16

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

Thanks guys, surprisingly my legs were not trashed after those hills so this evening I took Dorian to the river front for an easy 4.2 miles to level me out to 45 for the week. Now if I am feeling like crap tomorrow, all I really need is 5 miles to get me to 50 for the week. If I am feeling up to it, I might try for 8-10 miles... we will have to see though.

Who else had an awesome race this morning, congrats Phil and Step and good luck to the others tomorrow.

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

Eating me a big chunk of filet mignon, and some sweet potato casserole 

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

LRB

I'm on my way home, got about 5 hours to go...

I made it in FFS. Walked in the door with the strangest sense of emptiness ever. It's hard to believe it's all over.

Hip Redux

I made it in FFS. Walked in the door with the strangest sense of emptiness ever. It's hard to believe it's all over.

Sad

workinprogress11

Hugs to you. It will happen. Just not today.

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

. Trust me, I know pretty well how you feel... I still feel empty knowing I had to choose not to go.

PRs

From the Internet.

:c Ahh my little heart feels sad for you. TBH I think it was a good thing to drop as early as you did and not try to push through any more pain. Do you think you'd find a spring race once you get your issue under control, or are you going to wait until next fall?

Docket_Rocket

Sorry, LRB.

Back from my Loni Love show.  Not sure if my asthma feels better or is the alcohol helping. 

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Dude.

Dave

Cyberic

I empathize Rick