It wasn't s*s that censored the post.

2024 Races:

03/09 - Livingston Oval Ultra 6-Hour, 22.88 miles

05/11 - D3 50K
          05/25 - What the Duck 12-Hour

06/17 - 6 Days in the Dome 12-Hour.

No more marathons

Someone has a serious cob up their ass.

I think the very nature of semi anonymous forums (we really do know who you are) lend themselves to some really juvenile shit.  I didn’t see what Quinn wrote, nor do I particularly care, but I think which ever of the Mods (and there are only 6 of them plus DM the owner) should give an explanation of why he/she was banned so that those of us remaining can avoid similar consequences.

Boston 2014 - a 33 year journey

Lordy,  I hope there are tapes. 

He's a leaker!

daisymae25

Squidward Bike Rider

I think the very nature of semi anonymous forums (we really do know who you are) lend themselves to some really juvenile shit.  I didn’t see what Quinn wrote, nor do I particularly care, but I think which ever of the Mods (and there are only 6 of them plus DM the owner) should give an explanation of why he/she was banned so that those of us remaining can avoid similar consequences.

+1...I also wouldn't mind finding out why the "Guidelines" thread was suddenly locked...but I am curious to know what Quinn said.

MothAudio

When I was a forum moderator I used that power with great restraint but I would have removed that pix immediately and sent a PM to the individual but I wouldn't have explained my action to the general readership. Why? Number 1, it obviously violates the posting rules / guidelines not to mention good judgement. Number 2, I found that when you publically dress down members or get into debates about every action you take the focus shifts from the topic to the messenger. Instead I would, if anything, have made a general statement about adhering to posting guidelines and nothing more. Mods are like umpires, the less you notice them the better. If someone was making a fool of themselves in your home wouldn't you pull them aside and ask them to straighten up or leave. A good moderator is like being a good host. As a forum member I would have sent a PM to one of the mods. And if I found the actions [or non-actions] of the moderation team to be counter to my principals I would question why I was continuing to participate in that forum.

Youth Has No Age. ~ Picasso / 1st road race: Charleston Distance Run 15 Miler - 1974 / profile

Docket_Rocket

Ha.

I've seen the shoes in your log, and I did say WTF.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

LRB

wait wait wait... it's a long standing FACT that the OTHER forum are a bunch of non running lazy asses.

i dont even think they talk about running over there. bunch of inbreds.

Awood_Runner

Smaller By The Day

Okay.  I had to check out the shoes.  WHOA!!!

Improvements

Weight 100 pounds lost

5K 31:02 Sept. 2012 / 23:36 Sept. 2013 (Same Course)

10K 48:59 April 2013

HM 2:03:56 Nov. 2012 / 1:46:50 March 2013

MARATHON 3:57:33 Nov. 2013

happylily

Some B&B people were banned recently from L&O without being given an explanation (not talking about me). So it's not like we're being a dictatorship here, it's done elsewhere as well. I agree with what MothAudio said, the mods act as they see fit and they do not have to justify their actions, unless they want to, privately and to the censored poster. And I have 100% trust in LRB'actions. I also find his new sig very interesting.

PRs: Boston Marathon, 3:27, April 15th 2013

Cornwall Half-Marathon, 1:35, April 27th 2013

18 marathons, 18 BQs since 2010

LRB

No more marathons

Moth - point made and opinion changed..

Lily - Yeah, interesting - I guess there are all kinds of ways to say "look at me, look at me".

Boston 2014 - a 33 year journey

Lordy,  I hope there are tapes. 

He's a leaker!

happylily

Moth - point made and opinion changed..

Lily - Yeah, interesting - I guess there are all kinds of ways to say "look at me, look at me".

Very true. There are many ways to seek attention, but we only focus on the obvious ones.

Village people

Some B&B people were banned recently from L&O without being given an explanation (not talking about me). 

Were you banned or kicked out. People have been randomly kicked out of the group by the software.

happylily

Were you banned or kicked out. People have been randomly kicked out of the group by the software.

I was talking about people who have been banned, not randomly kicked out. In my case, maybe it was random, I don't know...

Mmmmm...beer

Most of what we post here is "look at me" type stuff, RRs, daily mileage, etc.  PRs in a sig are no different.  If we didn't care, we wouldn't post at all, we would just run and go about our lives.  But we want to share with like minded people, so we do, nothing wrong with that.

-Dave

My running blog

Goals | sub-18 5k | sub-3 marathon 2:56:46!!

MrNamtor

Why was Quinn censored?  Dude is a 2:50 marathoner and knows his shit.  He can run.

Oh, then he should be totally allowed to be a complete jackhole on this forum. Did he have that time in his sig?