Beginners and Beyond

Only a Couple more Days Before the St. Louis Half! I Am excited!!! (Read 88 times)

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

My Half in St. Louis is this Sunday and I am so excited, I just want to scream and bounce off the walls. Other than the minor setback due to severely wrong shoes,  I really feel confident about my training and I feel beyond ready for this race, the only thing that could change that is weather, some sort of illness or some crazy accident (knock on wood!).

I keep watching the youtube video of the course just to get myself worked up, imagining that I am already on it running it. Hell, I think about it and I want to squeal like a girl at a rock show Big grin

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-oMOvkhmtwE

Damaris says I have the Taper Madness and I might have to agree with her, it's going to get worse on Friday when we leave for St. Louis. I think DH and my mom will want to strap me to the top of the van after an hour of hearing me. Joking

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

Good luck, FreeSoul87!

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

delicate flower

Boot it in the ass.

<3

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

Boot it in the ass.

I plan on it!

PRs

I plan on it!

good luck kid

”Failing to prepare is preparing to fail.”

“Whether you think you can, or you think you can't--you're right.”

Tomas

Good luck!

Better I Leave

Run strong. Smile

What a great city and best of luck! You will enjoy the Zoo, we have been there many times with and without the kids.

First Race

Hot Chocolate 5K Chicago November 4, 2012 30:17

Second Race

Penguin in the Park 5K Decatur Illinois March 23,2013 27:08

Scott

happylily

I'm excited for you! Good luck, FS! Smile

PRs: Boston Marathon, 3:27, April 15th 2013

Cornwall Half-Marathon, 1:35, April 27th 2013

18 marathons, 18 BQs since 2010

Dr. Cornsitter

The Taper Madness is beginning to take hold, Andrea!!! Big grin

Quote from BeachRunner3234 on 6/25/2013 at 8:20 PM:

So I'm currently sitting with a bag of frozen corn in my ass.

Ball of Fury

Good luck Free Soul!

PRs:  5K 22:59, 10K 46:54,HM: 1:51:15

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

I've been to that zoo.... I think 3 times and I love it. I am so excited to be taking my little guy to it, he's been to our zoo but that was when he was 6 months old, we took him to the Tennessee Chattanooga Aquarium when he was 4 months old ( he LOVES fish) so now that he is almost a year old I know he is going to love the zoo. Someday I want to take him to Seaworld, and other aquariums.

Yes, I feel the madness strong and it's driving me nuts. One thing is I am trying hard not to overthink eating, just do what I normally do but I wonder if I should as of today cut half of my protein and fiber or just stick to what my body is used to. I'm used to running my long runs on empty or a chocolate chip clif bar, which is what I will most likely have 2 hours before the race and then water or gatorade along the course after 6 miles. Other than the food part, I am not worried about it at all anymore.

I miss the jumping, dancing banana damn it! I feel like a Thoroughbred kicking at the gate just before the start, I feel that my body is ready to run strong and fast and my heart is more than ready to enjoy it. Oh I am so excited!!!

PRs

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

Watched the video...the whole course in 6:55, that would be some record! Big grin

What, you don't get to run UNDER the arch?  Wink

Good luck, and have fun!

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

Lol no, but DH wants to go to the Arch Saturday. I am not too big on man made high objects, so I don't know how well I am going to do in that. Heights aren't my strong point, but I would rather be on a mountain than in a skyscraper or tall thing like the Arch. Smile

PRs