Beginners and Beyond

Here are the Tuesdailies (Read 41 times)

LRB

Dammit. It didn't work. Okay how do you insert photos again? I'm trying via Photobucket. Kthxbai

Also, are we able to insert gifs?

I've used photobucket on this site with no issues since our migration here back in November 2012, others have had issues. I also have no issues with gifs. Others may have. YMMV

onemile

I’m always cold. Always.

I ran 8 with 3x1 mile repeats with half mile recovery . Goal was 6:30. They sucked ass. Splits were like 6:52,6:37 and 6:43. But I have a head cold and my face is on fire and 3 weeks ago I couldn’t even run 1K repeats at a sub 7 pace so whatever. My calf was bothering me on the cool down, just really tight and achy. Felt it a couple days ago too. It’s the bottom third of my calf into the inside of my ankle. It doesn’t hurt to jump on it and there isn’t any sensitive spots, and it seemed more annoyed with calf raises so I think it’s muscle related

Is 6:30 5k pace now?  

RunningOnSand

Runshortii

Is 6:30 5k pace now?  

Hahaha I wish. Michelle even said she wrote that on the aggressive side, I was surprised I did the last two even that fast. According to daniels my 5K pace should be like 6:46ish. I don’t think my legs can turn over that fast

Hahaha I wish. Michelle even said she wrote that on the aggressive side, I was surprised I did the last two even that fast. According to daniels my 5K pace should be like 6:46ish. I don’t think my legs can turn over that fast

If you were having a bad day and ran those splits, IDK exactly what it computes to, but it looks like you will be beating my PRs any day now.

Dave

onemile

Wow, and everyone thought Addie's workouts were hard. Not compared to some of the ones posted here lately!

Cyberic

Wow, and everyone thought Addie's workouts were hard. Not compared to some of the ones posted here lately!

So 5K pace is 6:46ish, and you have 3x1 mile at 6:30 to do?

You're right onemile. Some workouts lately...

I'm not a coach. But if I were, I would not want to give a workout that the coached person has no way of completing. That's a confidence destroyer, is it not? Again, I'm not qualified in this. I don't even have -or want- a coach. Just commenting Smile

Half Crazy K 2.0

I'm not a coach. But if I were, I would not want to give a workout that the coached person has no way of completing. That's a confidence destroyer, is it not? Again, I'm not qualified in this. I don't even have -or want- a coach. Just commenting Smile

I asked about the insane workout (to me) of 5 x 1 mile at 5k pace + 3 x 200 back in the fall when I paid for access to the McMillan site. The pace given for the 1 mile repeats was faster than any 5k I had run recently. I was told it was a fitness test type workout. Not only can you hit the paces, but how do you recover from it. But yea, for me, not hitting paces for ANY workout, even easy runs, over a 3 month period just sucked. Even when I was happy with a workout (like when I did 3 x 2 miles at faster than HM PR pace), I was disappointed because it still didn't hit the paces. And that is why I no longer pay for the site.

Runshortii

I think this is the first workout she’s given me that I haven’t hit, other than the 4:10 1K repeats 3-4 weeks ago, but my path was half ice and snow for part of those, and I ran two of the 3 miles today at that 1K pace I couldn’t hit a few weeks ago. If I couldn’t hit any workouts though, yeah that would be a confidence destroyer. If she only gave me workouts that I always hit though, I think I wouldn’t feel challenged enough.

Runshortii

But I have to admit, I wasn’t really expecting to be able to hit 6:30 today lol. I was happy enough with the 6:37 one

Docket_Rocket

6 with 6 X 100m.  First 4 with hubby and the strides on the last two miles solo.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Italiana626

The Latecomer

LRB - Thanks for indulging me in the wine talk. I also shy away from blends, generally. And a 9-hour decant - that is excellent planning and forethought! Good information.

ROS - I feel exactly the same about those of you who run in the early morning hours. Where I live is not conducive to running - I have to go somewhere to run, which I'm not going to do at 4am. It's just fortunate that I work in downtown Charleston, a truly beautiful city with unlimited options for running. And I'm super happy that sunset is getting later and later.

5.06 miles after work. I'm adding an extra (6th) day of running to my week, so keeping the miles shorter. Today was really supposed to be 4 miles, but it was such a nice day, I extended it a little. It's nice, mentally, to have a shorter run on the schedule. Feels like a bonus and takes the 'pressure' off.

Coastal

LM:  I put tropical punch flavored MIO in berry or tropical NUUN to make it more palatable.  Maybe you could try doctoring up the stuff you have?  Sounds like it couldn't make it much worse.

ROS:  Did you ever get a chance to ask your coach about the workout you did the other day?

Runshortii:  Hope you feel better soon.  You'd hit that workout if you were feeling 100%.

The better shape I am in the colder I get.  Around HM racing shape I usually freeze in normal temps.

My coaching philosophy involves pushing the comfort level occasionally.  A lot of the time people don't really know what they are capable of.  Nothing crazy, but just a bit.  Not that I coach anymore.

6.3 miles on the TM.  Leg strength work and shoulder stuff plus stretching.  Anybody else on here do star squats?  PT has me doing them.  They are a bit more challenging after a run than before one.