Beginners and Beyond

RnR Philly (Read 298 times)

Gunnie26.2

#dowork

Anyone ever do this race and have good hotel recommendations close to start? Also how is parking near start too?

PR's - 5K - 20:15 (2013) | 10K - 45:14 (2011)  | 13.1 - 1:34:40 (2013)  | 26.2 - 3:40:40 (2014)

Up Next:

???

jamezilla

flashlight and sidewalk

I would say that the Embassy Suites is probably closest to the start.  There are also some Marriott hotels in the center circle that are pretty close.  Parking will cost $5-20 and won't be right at the starting line...probably like a 1/2-1 mile walk.  If you don't stay near center city and have to drive to the expo, you will pay for parking there also.

**Ask me about streaking**

Anomalous

+1 for Embassy Suites. I've been looking into this race as well. 

Half Fanatic  #3091  ~   Marathon debut: 11/16/13 Anthem Richmond Marathon

"Run from what’s comfortable. Forget safety. Live where you fear to live. Destroy your reputation. Be notorious." - Rumi

Hey Doc

Feets don't fail me now

when is it?  I could probably google but I'm lazy.

wcrunner2

Are we there, yet?

when is it?  I could probably google but I'm lazy.

September 15. It used to be the Philadelphia Distance Run but it's been headed downhill since Competitors took it over some years ago.

2024 Races:

03/09 - Livingston Oval Ultra 6-Hour, 22.88 miles

05/11 - D3 50K
                  05/25 - What the Duck 12-Hour

06/17 - 6 Days in the Dome 12-Hour.

Jess runs for bacon

Any particular complaints wcrunner? I'm only about 45 minutes from Philly so I was considering this, but since RnR price tags are kinda steep I'll pass if you have some good reasons.

Hey Doc

Feets don't fail me now

Thank you!   Smile

wcrunner2

Are we there, yet?

Any particular complaints wcrunner? I'm only about 45 minutes from Philly so I was considering this, but since RnR price tags are kinda steep I'll pass if you have some good reasons.

Typical complaints about not being responsive to queries, big jump in entry fee, changing a course for the worse, their policy of allowing use of the sag wagon to jump ahead on the course then continue to the finish, i.e. sanctioned cheating, reports of harrassment of those at the back of the pack.

If you are going to run, registration tomorrow, 12/12/12, has a one day special of $65.

2024 Races:

03/09 - Livingston Oval Ultra 6-Hour, 22.88 miles

05/11 - D3 50K
                        05/25 - What the Duck 12-Hour

06/17 - 6 Days in the Dome 12-Hour.

Jess runs for bacon

Typical complaints about not being responsive to queries, big jump in entry fee, changing a course for the worse, their policy of allowing use of the sag wagon to jump ahead on the course then continue to the finish, i.e. sanctioned cheating, reports of harrassment of those at the back of the pack.

If you are going to run, registration tomorrow, 12/12/12, has a one day special of $65.

Ahh ok, your usual RnR complaints.

Damn, why do you have to tell me about a sale! I have christmas presents to buy!

buchy2009

Bjørnmannen

What is this harassment of those in the back of the pack?  I'm planning to do a couple RnR marathons and am very slow so I'm concerned now.

The year I ran in, 2010, was also VERY hot and there's not too much shade.

Jess runs for bacon

What is this harassment of those in the back of the pack?  I'm planning to do a couple RnR marathons and am very slow so I'm concerned now.

I know there was someone on RWOL that was towards the back, and the sag wagon kept bugging her even though she was still within the time limit.

YAYpril - B-Plus

I know there was someone on RWOL that was towards the back, and the sag wagon kept bugging her even though she was still within the time limit.

That was Proofreader/Joanne. Her RR made me swear off RnR races. I just can't condone their behavior.
                            Gunnie26.2

#dowork

if you register today you get $20 discount. Think that goes for any RnR race. i don't like RnR races, but all for a flat and fast course which RnR Philly is.

PR's - 5K - 20:15 (2013) | 10K - 45:14 (2011)  | 13.1 - 1:34:40 (2013)  | 26.2 - 3:40:40 (2014)

Up Next:

???

Docket_Rocket

Florida flat or rest of the world flat? Joking

I might consider Philly.  Need DH's OK since I'm having too many registration accidents for next year.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page