Beginners and Beyond

ThursDAILIES for some, Fake FriDAILIES for others (Read 33 times)

Docket_Rocket

Glad you had a great time and that I got to meet you.  I saw from the forecasts that you took the nice weather with you.  Please send it back!

I am so behind!!! I haven't really been on here much during my vacation. Let's see if I have the patience later to go through old daily thrads and see what you were all up to.

Yesterday I did 5 miles along the South Beach boardwalk in Miami. It was POURING rain the whole time. Probably more pleasant than the humidity Damaris complains about though so I won't complain too much...and then the rain cleared and it ended up being a lovely beach day in spite of the forecast. My dad started the run with me but his hamstring was really  bothering him so at 2.5 miles out, where we turned he told me to go ahead and he would walk back and meet me at the hotel. I felt bad so I finished my 5 by kind of running little out and backs and then when I was done could walk the rest of the way back with him and not leave him to walk alone in the rain the whole 2.5 miles.

Home from Miami now. 12 days of travelling done. Staying at my parents' in NJ tonight then will return to Brooklyn tomorrow.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Robert31320

Team TJ

Plan was to get up this morning and run at least 5 in honor of today being my 2 year runnerversary.  Crazy night last night with TJ changed my mood today to one that didn't really give a shit if I ran today or not.  He is a lot better now so I make the celebratory run on the 2 year and 1 day mark tomorrow...

Running for TJ because he can't.

Jess runs for bacon

Plan was to get up this morning and run at least 5 in honor of today being my 2 year runnerversary.  Crazy night last night with TJ changed my mood today to one that didn't really give a shit if I ran today or not.  He is a lot better now so I make the celebratory run on the 2 year and 1 day mark tomorrow...

Happy runnerversary!

Docket_Rocket

Happy Runniversary, Robert.

Had a great time at the retirement party.  now off to dinner with hubby and his friend.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Will run for scenery.

My parents are here for the weekend so I spent the evening MOM cleaning.  The worst!  My mother will still find something to nag me about though, so I don't know why I bother.  Smile

That's why I never clean my mom.

5 trail miles in the books, and a free pint of Modus Hoperandi to take the edge off.  It's been a week and a half since Pikes Peak, but I still feel pretty weak, sluggish and non-energetic.  But the toes are doing great; in fact I forgot all about them until after the run, so I'd say they're all better.  Just wish I had a bit more pep in my step.

Stupid feet!

Stupid elbow!

Hip Redux

5 trail miles in the books, and a free pint of Modus Hoperandi to take the edge off.  It's been a week and a half since Pikes Peak, but I still feel pretty weak, sluggish and non-energetic.  But the toes are doing great; in fact I forgot all about them until after the run, so I'd say they're all better.  Just wish I had a bit more pep in my step.

That made me snort. lol

Glad the toes are doing better Smile   The pep will come back!

Any word if SIAR survived his crazy triple?  :P

B-Plus

Zelanie - Great job on the workout last night. That sounds like a fun one.

SIAR - I hope the triple went well!

Pink - I'm sorry that you're back on the shelf. Hopefully you get it taken care of and you'll be back on the roads quickly.

I've been going a bit nutty the last few days, but I received same amazing news yesterday so I'm a happy runner now. I just got back from 16 w/ 10 @ MP. The Garmin has been stuck uploading for the last few minutes, but if I'd have to guess I averaged 6:48-6:49 for the 10.

Docket_Rocket

Bahahaha.

Damaris

Fundraising Page

So_Im_a_Runner

Go figure

That made me snort. lol

Glad the toes are doing better Smile   The pep will come back!

Any word if SIAR survived his crazy triple?  :P

I did in fact!  23.35 miles total, and a yoga class that went about an hour and fifteen minutes.   In addition to that, I mowed my yard today.  Why do I hate my body?

Now we'll see if I can muster my own workout tomorrow lol.

Pink...That's terrible!  I'm so sorry you have more crap to deal with.

Bplus...Glad you got good news.  Killer MP miles too.

Trying to find some more hay to restock the barn