Beginners and Beyond

Monday Morning Penguins! (Read 20 times)

Singer who runs a smidge

Hi Penguins!!  I am here, but I think my mind is still in bed asleep.  Can't seem to get myself together to get things going in an organized fashion.  I have timepoint samples to run today, which means that I need to start them, then go back and analyze them again at certain intervals of time.  Not difficult, but I have to pay attention to the clock, and I'm not unfogged enough in the cranium to start them yet.  DH and I didn't run either Friday or Saturday -- too much going on, and too much knee pain, but I'm feeling better today, so I think we'll attempt W2D1 tonight.  We'll see how it goes ...

Awood -- camping road trip to SD, interesting!!

Scotty -- your kids did better than ours!!  I think it ended up something like 58-10 for Oregon over UVA ...

Docket -- glad both you and Hershey are feeling better!!

Bin -- hope your heart stays put!!

PAD -- enjoy the gym!!

jblack -- hope the ultrasound goes well!!

Jack -- enjoy your SRD!!

hog -- good luck on the ladder tonight!!

Zelanie -- hope the shoes show!!

When it's all said and done, no one remembers how far we have run.  The only thing that matters is how we have loved.

tracilynn

I ran a test 1/2 mile last night. Pitiformis was fine so got up early and ran 3.5 miles. No pain! Woohoo. Actually I think I must have injured it trying to do that stupid Spider-Man stretch from the injured thread ! DOH!

Plank challenge ends Thursday!  I plan to do a 3:01 plank Smile  Haha zel. I wish I could do a 3:01. Getting past 1:45 is tough for me.

New cortanas! Yay!

About to take the twins to a splash pad to meet a friend if mine and her 3 yr old.

~~~~~~~

Traci

hog4life

For you plankers, can you take a RD from doing them? Or is the streak part of the challenge? We did a push up challenge like that, but was able to rest before the final day, it really help. It's just like taper!

Dad on the run.

Dr visit went great. Ultrasound had the baby at 8.1 weeks. Due date 4/20/2014. Heart rate was a healthy 182 bpm.

Funny thinking about a babies heart rate. Mine usually don't get that high unless I'm pushing sub 8 m/m pace.

Chasing the sub 20 5K.

Philliefan33

Hi everyone -- just a quick check-in.  I'm reading along, but too busy here at work to comment.

Carry on.

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

Hope you feel better, Damaris. You and Hershey both.

Broke another face-mask?  His own or someone else's?  Either way, sounds painful!  Well, Awoow, you can drink beer as you run around the campfire!   Of course, if you do that, don't get all crazy-drunk and end up like a scene from North by Northwest and be on top of Mt. Rushmore. Wink

Congrats on the 7, Bin, sounds like you were whipping through those miles!

Good luck with the 4, PAD.  And damn those Damn Dallas Cowboys for beating the Giants.  Well, at least the Saints won, thank goodness.

Glad the shoes worked for you, Jimmy!

Happy rest day, Jack!

Good luck with your NOBO run, Mitch, and getting your ladder run in!  I can't imagine running on a ladder, that has got to be tough.  So you were a fireman once? Wink

Hope you get your wish, Zelanie, and your Cortanas arrive.  Umm...what's a Cortana?

Dee, I think you need to visit Texas and go to NASA...get them to fit you with some bionic knees.

Glad you got rid of the pain in the butt, Traci!  Gail is always threatening to do that with me... Joking  3 minute plank!  I'm lucky I can even do a minute!

Hope your busy day at work goes quickly for you, Margo!

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

Hog - to answer your question from saturday. it was the ball of my foot that was hurting. I ran this morning with no foot pain just ITBS issues.

Man, that sucks...doncha just hate it when any of your ball parts hurt?

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

Awood_Runner

Smaller By The Day

Scotty - He broke his own.  Obviously, he's not leading with the crown of his helmet.  He's got his head up like they teach you to do, but his face mask looked like ran face first into oncoming traffic.  It's not the first time he's done that to his face mask either.  The kid hits hard.

Improvements

Weight 100 pounds lost

5K 31:02 Sept. 2012 / 23:36 Sept. 2013 (Same Course)

10K 48:59 April 2013

HM 2:03:56 Nov. 2012 / 1:46:50 March 2013

MARATHON 3:57:33 Nov. 2013

Singer who runs a smidge

<---- not Dee.  She's cuter than I am!  Wink

When it's all said and done, no one remembers how far we have run.  The only thing that matters is how we have loved.

Docket_Rocket

BTW, where is Dee.  She never made it to the RA switch.  I see her in FB but neither I see her in RWOL or here.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Zelanie

Mitch,  I am not taking RDs, but I do take easy days. My back was hurting trying to go as long as I could every day. So most days I just go a minute and every few days try to push myself.

For you plankers, can you take a RD from doing them? Or is the streak part of the challenge? We did a push up challenge like that, but was able to rest before the final day, it really help. It's just like taper!

Philliefan33

Work --- check

5-mile run -- check

Go with DH to upgrade his phone -- check

Shower, pizza, settle in to watch the Eagles on MNF -- check

What did I forget?  Rats! No plank yet today Angry .  And I'm so nice and comfy on the couch...

Amazonian Princess

Yay - my Monday workday is almost over!!! Got called in yesterday because one of my staff was out sick so I've already put in way too many hours this week Smile

Five miles run/walk at the track last night; still slow but each mile is faster than the last and my average pace per mile is getting faster. Signed up for another 5k at the end of the month and the Race for the Cure is about six weeks away.

Because my brain works this way sometimes, I wanted to offer a method for scoring the plank challenge. I'm still new here, so feel free to scoff at my points based suggestion.

• On (or before, depending on your time zone) September 12th, hold and time your best plank. For every 10 seconds, award yourself one point. Potential modifier: If you are holding one extremity off the ground (like the human oragami poses from She Can's link a while back) award yourself 2 points for every 10 seconds. If you are holding up two extremities, award yourself 3 points for every 10 seconds.
                            • For consistency, award yourself 1 point for every day you practiced. Tally and post your total points for time and consistency.

The penguin with the highest points total wins. In the event of a tie, a "plank off" is held with each penguin holding the pose while Docket stacks pairs of her shoes on their backs and the last penguin to collapse wins! (Well, maybe that part needs work)

I can. I will. I am. 

Zelanie

I thought Traci just got a pair of D's shoes for every day that somebody forgot to plank.

Amazonian Princess

Much easier - and it could be fun to watch Smile

I can. I will. I am.