Beginners and Beyond

Happy FRIDAILIES! (Read 42 times)

LRB

Apparently I do not run hills as well as I used to. I tried 5 repeats up Mt Joy at VF NP and had to walk at least half of the uphill which was only about .45 miles long with a vertical gain of about 250 ft. Downhill was no problem even being on trails. I didn't fall once, so I'm probably tempting the trails gods. 6.5 miles total.

Have you heard? Running Times announced on Facebook that the January issue will be its last. All resources will now be poured into Runner's World.

wcrunner2

Are we there, yet?

Have you heard? Running Times announced on Facebook that the January issue will be its last. All resources will now be poured into Runner's World.

No more than what I would expect. They've once again alienated a large portion of their  forum users with the recent upgrade. Now they're going to lose the more serious competitive runners with that consolidation. RW was originally what RT has been. All I see for the future is maybe one article an issue as a sop to the serious runner.

2024 Races:

03/09 - Livingston Oval Ultra 6-Hour, 22.88 miles

05/11 - D3 50K
            05/25 - What the Duck 12-Hour

06/17 - 6 Days in the Dome 12-Hour.

Slymoon Runs

race obsessed

No more than what I would expect. They've once again alienated a large portion of their  forum users with the recent upgrade. Now they're going to lose the more serious competitive runners with that consolidation. RW was originally what RT has been. All I see for the future is maybe one article an issue as a sop to the serious runner.

Unfortunately same thoughts here - I can also see why the RW forums have very limited input from competitive runners. (I didn't get it before)

Also unfortunately the competitive forums tend to be very closed and are full of dickheads. There seems to be a very slim selection of information / discussion between competitive runners in general.