Beginners and Beyond

It's only Wednesday Penguins (Read 22 times)

tracilynn

Christmas music in July! ZOIKS!

glad you didn't wash away Jack

scotty welcome back home to warmer weather! I bet your kitties are glad to see you.

Zel, thanks for the iron dosages etc on the other thread. Thx.  Very helpful.

Pad, enjoy your rest day

kath, I must try a real PC. I only use my iPhone and it's a real pain in the azz sometimes, like all the time.  I think you've got 32 in the bag.

Ginny, I forget, Are you retired? Have fun with your few later

Damaris, be careful!

obie, enjoy your 25 mins later.

sapf Good job keeping the streak alive.

lauren, dang girl! Did you end your streak? Also I had a question about intervals. You gave me suggestions last week when I failed trying to run a sub 30 5 k so last night I did 6x800s at race pace with 2 min walking recoveries.

It felt too easy but I felt like 3 x 1 mile at race pace would be too hard for me. Is there something in the middle of those that would help me?  Less resting or a different interval altogether? Thx coach :-)

~~~~~~~

Traci

From the Internet.

If it felt too easy you're not running fast enough Smile

Seriously though, you could maybe try 4x1200m instead if the jump to 1 mile seems like too much.

ETA: I've also done a workout with my club where we do 3 sets of 800-200 jog-800 with a full recovery in between sets. Each pair of reps should be about the same pace, try to run each successive set just a little bit faster than the last one. Little tougher than 800s with full recovery in between each one.

JerryInIL

Return To Racing

Glad you are safe from the mudslides, Jack.

Safe trip, Zel.

No trip, Docket.

Bet you are glad to be back in Texas, Scotty.

3.5 for us.  DW knees are sore and needs a RD, but won't let me run alone.      Afraid I'll get lost on the trail we run every day.  One thing I like about the cold weather short runs, I barely sweat and don't need a shower.  More nap time !!!

tracilynn

If it felt too easy you're not running fast enough Smile

Seriously though, you could maybe try 4x1200m instead if the jump to 1 mile seems like too much.

ETA: I've also done a workout with my club where we do 3 sets of 800-200 jog-800 with a full recovery in between sets. Each pair of reps should be about the same pace, try to run each successive set just a little bit faster than the last one. Little tougher than 800s with full recovery in between each one.

Okay gonna try that one next week. Thx!

~~~~~~~

Traci

Amazonian Princess

Is it really only Wednesday? I've been running late for just about everything this past week and forgot to set my alarm last night, so, yup, late again today

Thank you HsM for the advice  Last night my trainer taught me Turkish get-ups so I used the time on the floor to "reset" and focus on my breathing. I know that ultimately it depends on the person, but is mouth breathing better than nose, or is it "in through the nose out through the mouth"?

Another couple of C25k workouts tonight. It's raining pretty hard (not Southern California hard, but I'm a weather wuss) so it'll be at the gym, then working on Christmas cards tonight, so cue up those Hawaiian Christmas carols

I can. I will. I am. 

GinnyinPA

Baconista - you'll get more air by breathing through your mouth. If you are running really slowly, you could probably breathe through your nose, but it isn't necessary.

Lauren - I'm accidentally retired.  DH is older than I am.  He retired in 2006 and we sold the house and went traveling.  I intended to go back to work, but by the time he was tired of being on the move, it was the middle of the recession.  When the job market started to pick up, I'd been out of work too long.  Plus, Jim still wants to do some travel, and I sure don't want him to go without me.  Money is tight, but we get by.

Sun came out briefly so I did a very windy six mile run.

Singer who runs a smidge

When I was running, I pretty much sucked air in every available orifice!! 

When it's all said and done, no one remembers how far we have run.  The only thing that matters is how we have loved.

obiebyke

Wait, did I just see the word orifice? Did FreeSoul hack your account, HopesMom? Wink

25 minutes done. Weird--running in the dark makes me feel like I'm going faster. Turns out it's not the case. But I feel strong.

Call me Ray (not Ishmael)

Docket_Rocket

4 miles and Pilates.  There was no tripping.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Robert31320

Team TJ

Glad y'all are safe, Jack!

Running for TJ because he can't.