Beginners and Beyond

A really long RR about the NYCM, as written by a penguin (Read 83 times)

Jill.

Penguin Power!

Thanks Boon, Mitch, and LRB.

I think I'm going to do the foolish thing and register again for next year... because I think that I can do better.  =P

Upcoming Races: Run as One 4M (4/24) * Japan Run 4M (5/8) * Brooklyn Half (5/21) 

Brilliant

Heck yeah!

kristin10185

Skirt Runner

Congrats again on your marathon!!!! You did great! Sorry about the hip pain Sad

PRs:   5K- 28:16 (5/5/13)      10K- 1:00:13 (10/27/13)    4M- 41:43 (9/7/13)   15K- 1:34:25  (8/17/13)    10M- 1:56:30 (4/6/14)     HM- 2:20:16 (4/13/14)     Full- 5:55:33 (11/1/15)

I started a blog about running :) Check it out if you care to

The next time I run my goal time in a marathon (or anywhere near it FFS) will be the first time. I'm not really good at it but enjoy the challenge. It's a great test of fortitude and physical ability. It is also stupid but like a moth to a flame, I keep going back.

Anyway, no one worth anything is judging you. We're too busy licking our own wounds. lol

+1000 to all this.

Dave

wcrunner2

Are we there, yet?

I'll second happylily on the differences in perspective. That also carries over into familiarity with the course, which probably helped you knowing when you'd see friends and relatives and knowing how far you had to go when you reached Central Park.  Congrats on overcoming a lot of obstacles to finish well under your B goal.

2024 Races:

03/09 - Livingston Oval Ultra 6-Hour, 22.88 miles

05/11 - D3 50K
                  05/25 - What the Duck 12-Hour

06/17 - 6 Days in the Dome 12-Hour.

Ric-G

I think I'm going to do the foolish thing and register again for next year... because I think that I can do better.  =P

It's not foolish...do it - I dare you

great report - marathons always are a challenge. you did great. congrats!

marathon pr - 3:16

Cyberic

Excellent report. When I read that the pain started at mile 10, I didn't expect the story to end so well!

About people judging you, I don't feel there is much of that around here...

From this web reference only 0.5% of the US population has run a marathon. You are now part of these few.

Congratulations!