Beginners and Beyond

Penguin Taco Tuesdailies!! (Read 11 times)

Singer who runs a smidge

The "Penguin" daily threads were originally conceived to emphasize that all members of the community have a place on the boards. Encouragement, motivation, a little love nip (you will love one, give it a try!) or even a little kick in the pants when needed -- it can happen here. Basically, we celebrate just getting out there and moving our tails! What is "slow"? "Slow" is a perception but one of the common benchmarks is the 10:00/mi pace; but there's no firm line. In fact, there are many of us that have slipped past this, and just hope that no one notices and revokes their "igloo privileges."  And some penguins don't run at all, we just hang out for the company! It can be confusing for the forum newbies, but we're not one of the teams in any of the fine games. It's a totally open group, so stop lurking, post an introduction of yourself dive in and join the fun! No application necessary! There might even be a lovely picture for Scotty (we love pics!)

When it's all said and done, no one remembers how far we have run.  The only thing that matters is how we have loved.

Singer who runs a smidge

It's National Taco Day!  Unfortunately I will not be able to indulge, as I have quartet rehearsal tonight, and DH has already packed me meatloaf for lunch and soup for dinner.  I think nachos are somewhere on this week's menu, though, so that'll have to do.  SRD for me today!

When it's all said and done, no one remembers how far we have run.  The only thing that matters is how we have loved.

Docket_Rocket

Morning.  Watching Matthew and my chances at the Chicago marathon going down the drain with it.  We'll see tonight. We might just drive, but I would hate to leave my kitties alone for a day of storming.

I have 7 with 2 at MP.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Singer who runs a smidge

"Rain, rain, go away, come again some other day!"

Did it work?

PADRunner

6 for me this morning. Might have tacos for dinner!

Anyone else with Level3 LD service? It's been down this morning but is stating to come back up.

JerryInIL

Return To Racing

Morning.  Watching Matthew and my chances at the Chicago marathon going down the drain with it.  We'll see tonight. We might just drive, but I would hate to leave my kitties alone for a day of storming.

I have 7 with 2 at MP.

Oh No !!!...High of 58* on Sunday.

GinnyinPA

Damaris - last night they said Matthew was supposed to pass Miami on Thursday.  Since you aren't leaving until Saturday, you should be okay (unless of course it slows down again.)  Have fun with your 7 tonight.

HM - no tacos here either, but we're having leftover chili for dinner, which is somewhat close. The tortillas in our fridge are much too old to eat.

PAD - good work on the early miles.

AFM:  another day of not running.  I'm starting to climb the walls.  It's so beautiful outside - 68 and sunny.

Docket_Rocket

Damaris - last night they said Matthew was supposed to pass Miami on Thursday.  Since you aren't leaving until Saturday, you should be okay (unless of course it slows down again.)  Have fun with your 7 tonight.

HM - no tacos here either, but we're having leftover chili for dinner, which is somewhat close. The tortillas in our fridge are much too old to eat.

PAD - good work on the early miles.

AFM:  another day of not running.  I'm starting to climb the walls.  It's so beautiful outside - 68 and sunny.

Yes and no.  It will depend on the damage and the length it stays.  It will be here probably all day Thursday heading into the night and even when it heads to Orlando we will still be under a storm warning on Friday (this thing is huge).  The airport might reopen on Saturday if not Friday, but that does not guarantee the flight will be on time.  A delayed flight is as bad as a no flight.  I won't make it to the expo in time.  So, we'll see.

I think Chicago is starting to consider us for same race packet pickup.  But I am not sure when should I ask for it (now or wait) and what will happen to my package.  I'll decide tonight.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Buelligan

Three miles.  I had a visit from an old acquaintance, Mr. Sidestitch.  It was a good kind of pain compared to the other pains I was feeling.

No heart pain today.  That's always good.  A man shouldn't have angina.

Docket_Rocket

Three miles.  I had a visit from an old acquaintance, Mr. Sidestitch.  It was a good kind of pain compared to the other pains I was feeling.

No heart pain today.  That's always good.  A man shouldn't have angina.

Hope you feel better soon.

Damaris

Fundraising Page

Zelanie

Buelligan,  good perspective there.  Glad you are getting some miles in.

I ran track.  Sort of halfheartedly but I did get out there and run my workout in the rain and everything.