Beginners and Beyond

Womens's 3000 meter controversy (Read 125 times)

She should be commended, no one would want to race under a cloud like that.

+1

Salazar put her in a bad spot as well. She did the right thing.

LRB

Had the disqualification stood I do not believe so. If you are DQ'd you are DQ'd and aren't eligible even if someone pulls out. They would go to the next qualified runner. Haven't looked up the rules but I think that is right.

Yes, under that scenario, she (Grunewald) would have had to been reinstated then.

Docket_Rocket

Good ending to the story.  I think more of Hasay for what she did today.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

She should be commended, no one would want to race under a cloud like that.

Indeed, but much respect to her for making such a tough decision.

wcrunner2

Are we there, yet?

I wonder if this is Nike's and USATF's way of avoiding what could have been a very public and embarrassing court fight?

2024 Races:

03/09 - Livingston Oval Ultra 6-Hour, 22.88 miles

05/11 - D3 50K
                  05/25 - What the Duck 12-Hour

06/17 - 6 Days in the Dome 12-Hour.

Love the Half

Look, I don't blame Salazar.  He is a coach advocating for his athlete.  I place more blame on the officials who were obviously not immune to pressure.

Short term goal: 17:59 5K

Mid term goal:  2:54:59 marathon

Long term goal: To say I've been a runner half my life.  (I started running at age 45).

LRS

Chasing Muses

I don't normally spend much time on LetsRun, but they've done a damned good job covering this and sticking on it (albeit almost sensationalizing the situation).

aplodder

Susan

LRB

LRS

Chasing Muses

My entertainment for the day-"Enhanced video evidence."  Smile

http://www.flotrack.org/coverage/240120-Run-Junkie/video/736434-USATFs-Enhanced-Video-Evidence-RJ-319#.UwzkIoU-fhO

They were painfully slow to chime in, but did so FTW!

http://deadspin.com/when-a-famed-nike-coach-tried-to-steal-a-race-a-track-1538116204

Gonna find a patch to put over the swoosh on the one Nike garment I own.  Fuck them.