Beginners and Beyond

Where are the MONDAILIES? (Read 44 times)

<chirping crickets>

Docket_Rocket

Apparently, here?

SRD or a short recovery run.  Off to work, bah.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

happylily

We all know the drill anyway. No need for an intro. 

3 or 4 miles recovery. Or nothing. It depends on my mood and on my blistered feet.

Long day at work today and I'm already longing for the bed I just left 30 minutes ago. Not a good sign...

Have a great day, everyone!

PRs: Boston Marathon, 3:27, April 15th 2013

Cornwall Half-Marathon, 1:35, April 27th 2013

18 marathons, 18 BQs since 2010

SRD.

That is all.

Dave

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

Saturday, did my 4th race of the year:   http://www.runningahead.com/groups/BF_and_Beyond/forum/6ebabbe7916b4c13ab9a0d08dcd3c9fe/resume#focus

Sunday, I was lazy and goofed off and did nothing but watch football and read.  Today I plan to do some hill work after I get off work.  We are scheduled to have a beautiful weather week this week in San Antonio...in the low 70s nearly every day this week, nice!

Sorry about your blistered feet, lily.  Epsom salt soaking (will sting like hell, but will help) and Second Skin!  Hope they recover quickly!   And hope your long day at work goes by quickly too!

Damaris, enjoy the recovery run or SRD, whichever you choose today.

DaveP.  Enjoy the SRD.  That is all.

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

LRB

I gots nothing.  The coffee was delicious though. 

Mmmmm...beer

Hey everyone!

Been sick the last couple of days, spent all day yesterday on the couch watching football, it was the laziest day I've had in a long time.  Would have been more enjoyable if I hadn't been sick.  This has to stop, it's destroying my marathon training.  Hopefully it clears up quickly this week so I can try to salvage the last 8 weeks of training.

Hope everyone has a great day!

-Dave

My running blog

Goals | sub-18 5k | sub-3 marathon 2:56:46!!

delicate flower

Happy Monday, kids!  HOORAY MONDAY!  Wife and I had a good weekend even though we bagged the ski plans.  We'll try for that again next weekend.  I'm looking forward to another outdoor run in nice weather after work today.

D2, I hope your sickness clears up soon.

Off to read Scotty's race report...

<3

Docket_Rocket

Happy Monday, kids!  HOORAY MONDAY!  Wife and I had a good weekend even though we bagged the ski plans.  We'll try for that again next weekend.  I'm looking forward to another outdoor run in nice weather after work today.

D2, I hope your sickness clears up soon.

Off to read Scotty's race report...

You're excited that it's Monday?????

Feel better, D2.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

kristin10185

Skirt Runner

I overslept my alarm by TWO HOURS! Missed my spin class and was 20 minutes late to work Sad I'm scared I'm getting sick because I was really tired all weekend. Abnormally so. I fell asleep watching 2 different football games with my boyfriend this weekend which isn't normal for me. I'm mad I missed my spin class but in my scramble out the door I did manage to throw some clothes in a gym bag. If I feel ok I will go after work and do the bike.

PRs:   5K- 28:16 (5/5/13)      10K- 1:00:13 (10/27/13)    4M- 41:43 (9/7/13)   15K- 1:34:25  (8/17/13)    10M- 1:56:30 (4/6/14)     HM- 2:20:16 (4/13/14)     Full- 5:55:33 (11/1/15)

I started a blog about running :) Check it out if you care to

delicate flower

You're excited that it's Monday?????

I am happy any day I don't wake up dead.

<3

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

Rest day. As long as I'm not still sitting at the dealership I will go to Pilates later.

Marjorie

Zelanie

Good morning!  Today I am taking our dog Zoe up to Portland for her MRI and probably back surgery.  Hopefully this will give her a chance to be pain-free.

Then when I get home, I have what I am calling a "fartlek run", which is what I'm calling the 8 x 100 that Pfitz has on tap for me today.  I do have them programmed into my watch, because unlike Jay, I can't even count to 8 when I run.

Basya- Good morning!

Damaris- Hope Monday passes quickly.

Happylily- I am hoping that your day has improved.

DaveP- Enjoy the RD!

Scotty- We could use some of that weather up here!  Enjoy the hills.

LRB- Hiya

D2- Lame!  Hope that you're just getting all the sickness over with so you can be healthy for your last 2 months of training.

Phil- Hope you get a nice run this evening!

kristin- Sorry you overslept!  Hopefully you caught up with whatever was making you sleepy this weekend!

Marjorie- Enjoy the rest and pilates!

happylily

Zelanie, I'm sending my best vibes to your canine friend! Poor Zoe... :-( And I wish you good luck with the project in Costa Rica! That is so exciting! SO and I have long been wanting to go to Costa Rica. There is a great marathon there on the West coast, in September. Just sayin'... 

PRs: Boston Marathon, 3:27, April 15th 2013

Cornwall Half-Marathon, 1:35, April 27th 2013

18 marathons, 18 BQs since 2010

From the Internet.

Hi everyone! SRD for me. Catching up from yesterday too...

D and Lurch - congrats on your bazillionth and first marathons, respectively!

FS - nice job on the 14.2! Can't wait until I'm ready to crank out LRs like that, I'll settle for another uneventful 6 this week.

Jay - ha, funny that we'll be shoe twins! And you are indeed a little crazy for running that many laps on an indoor track.

Zel - super cool about Costa Rica, definitely flood us with pictures if you go please! Good luck to Zoe, hope the MRI and potential surgery help her out.

Off to greet the Penguins, then finishing my coffee and getting some work done. I have a graduation deadline now (December, boo) and I want to cram in as much as possible before I have to start writing.