Beginners and Beyond

SunDAILIES: Already dressed for bed (Read 22 times)

Are you pro Dalton or pro Fields? 🤔

I’m pro keeping Dalton the main guy for a while, and giving Fields some time to learn the league. I assumed they would hold Fields out completely till later in the season; I had no idea they were going to do what they are, rotating them in & out strategically throughout the game. Seems to be working reasonably well though. Even against the Rams last week, their defense was a bigger problem than their QB situation. Glad their D is in better shape today—da Bears without that, I don’t know huwhat.

Dave

delicate flower

With the numbers you're pulling, I would be confident to PR (your PR). But there's a lot of questions I don't know: when you PRed, what kind of running were you doing compared to right now? And also, was your PR an even split affair or were you going for 3:05 or something and struggled at the end?

To me 3:18 is much too slow to aim for, and so is 3:15.

When I PR'd, I had better tempo runs than what I am doing now but I didn't have this volume.  I am coming off of summer running now and the speed just hasn't been there.  My PR was also Thanksgiving weekend when I had two cold months get in good, hard tempo runs.  My PR was a slight positive split, like 90 seconds or something.

Baboon, do your past fulls give you any sort of rough estimate (like HM x 2 + 10)?

+10 has been about right for me but I don't have a true HM to look at now.  I do have a 10K next Saturday which might give me some idea.

If you have decent weather, it’s hard for me to imagine you not going sub-3:10, and maybe closer to 3:05. You’ve never had a flat course and cool weather when you were at peak fitness. But I haven’t analyzed your workouts or anything. For me the best predictors short of racing a half all-out are (1) what kind of pace you can hold for a serious LT workout, and (2) how hard GMP feels during a LR/MP workout. But you know best, and your coach probably knows second best. I don’t have to tell anyone here that marathons are notoriously, maddeningly hard to predict.

The best shape I have been in was going into 2019 Boston.  Man, I was killing it then.  Then we had that heat bomb dropped on us.  I thought I could have flirted with 3:00 if we had good race weather.  I haven't even had good weather for a LR this time.  I've been holding a 7:30ish pace for 20-22 miles with little difficulty, so I think that'd be doable for 26.2.  My LR's going into that Boston race were faster but they were hard workouts.  The only good weather I've had for two recent marathons were races I jogged because I didn't train.  THat figures.

<3

GinnyinPA

Warm and sunny, so my 6.7 was a struggle. 38 for the week.

delicate flower

Meanwhile the Rams are doing everything in their power to give the damn game away. 

Indy is a good team.  I am not surprised it was a close game.

Good slate of late games today!

<3

LRB

Indy is a good team.  I am not surprised it was a close game.

Good slate of late games today!

There was some serious self-implosion there with a crucial drop and a couple of bone-headed penalties late but a win is a win. 👍

I'm in the Red Zone until tonight's game.

LRB

Warm and sunny, so my 6.7 was a struggle. 38 for the week.

Hate to say it but I'm over it all Should be cooling off here in a week or so....maybe!

delicate flower

There was some serious self-implosion there with a crucial drop and a couple of bone-headed penalties late but a win is a win. 👍

I'm in the Red Zone until tonight's game.

+1

As a Rams fan I should be rooting against the other NFC West teams, but it's really hard not to root for the Cardinals.

<3

LRB

+1

As a Rams fan I should be rooting against the other NFC West teams, but it's really hard not to root for the Cardinals.

+1

What a roller coaster ending! 🎢

LRB

And with that, DaveP's Da Bears are in 1st place in the NFC Norris. 🥊

delicate flower

God I love the RedZone channel.

<3

sdWhiskers

God I love the RedZone channel.

+1

Before getting Sunday Ticket, we watched all football that way.

And with that, DaveP's Da Bears are in 1st place in the NFC Norris. 🥊

Thank you Mr. Berman.  I’ll enjoy it for a day till they’re tied with someone after tomorrow night’s game.

Dave