Beginners and Beyond

Saturdailies race weekend! (Read 30 times)

GinnyinPA

Good luck Lauren, Eric and Jenny.

Phil - nice job on a hilly course. Those 200' climbs must be killer.

Dave - sorry about the long  course, but it sounds like you did really well.

I had a lovely 7.2 hilly miles this afternoon. The 30 degree temperature drop felt wonderful.

Docket_Rocket

Good luck, guys!

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

LRB

I just sat down for Aliens. I'm hoping the DBox seats make up for whatever the movie lacks. lol

It wasn't all that bad. A little slow paced, as his movies tend to be, but it had its moments. They did tie it into Prometheus though, and It's setup for the sequel from hell for sure.

Zelanie

illegitimi non carborundum

This was the title to my message board post to my class this week.

DaveP, you are just getting all of your bad racing luck done early in the cycle.

I once ran a 5K that measured 3.35 by my watch.  The kicker was that it finished with 1.5 laps around a track. 

Nice racing, Boon!

I ran 6 yesterday with a friend and the leg felt OK.  Today I ran with the dogs, and after 1 it was feeling bad and getting worse so I limped back home and put some ice on it.  I talked to my PT sister and she recommends I try a "supertaper" from here on out.  I guess I'll need to get on the exercise bike or something to get at least some cardio in.  I'll probably still run my daily mile because I'm stubborn like that.  I'll try to get in for a sports massage and do some stretching and icing.  1 week until my family 10K, 2 weeks until marathon.  Luckily it's not like this is coming at the end of a great training cycle.