Beginners and Beyond

MONDAILIES (Read 34 times)

bluerun

Super B****

I killed over an hour driving there and back (and it's only about five miles away!)... and this was my reward.

chasing the impossible

because i never shut up ... i blog

workinprogress11

7 miles total. 2 outside running to the gym, 1 on the indoor track, 2 on the treadmill and 2 outside running back. It was way too hot at 2pm not to have a few air conditioned miles in the middle.

Cyberic

Ran commuted to work and back. The pack sack sucks, but there's always something.

A local half-marathon event (1k, 2k, 5k, 10k and HM) might cancel because of not enough volonteers. They would like 200 volonteers for everything to be smooth, and so far they have about 100. The event is July 31st.

Isn't it that there's just too many races? Maybe the road racing hype is going downwards and soon the number of races will have to adjust. Or maybe it's not that. It's also not a race for charity. I'm not sure what it's for, but not for charity. Maybe it's harder to get volunteers?

LRB

Ran commuted to work and back. The pack sack sucks, but there's always something.

You ever think about one of them jogger strollers that are all the rage? No one need know there is not a real baby in there.

LRB

I killed over an hour driving there and back (and it's only about five miles away!)... and this was my reward.

You must being seeing red.

LRB

7 miles total. 2 outside running to the gym, 1 on the indoor track, 2 on the treadmill and 2 outside running back. It was way too hot at 2pm not to have a few air conditioned miles in the middle.

That just makes way too much damn sense, which is why I would have never thought of it!

LRB

Welp, I made it through the day without exposing myself. lol Any other time I would just go buy new jeans but the shit they're selling nowadays is skin tight, so I'm holding onto all the ones that are fitted but not ridiculously so.

Half Crazy K 2.0

Strength training. I stayed up way to late last night, I have been dragging all day.

Cyberic, if it's a for profit event, I think it can be hard to convince groups to volunteer, because what's in it for them. The group that puts on Baltimore is now requiring that the non-profits that have charity runners  provide a set number of volunteers at any of their events. I also think if its a for profit group, there is the thought that the race organizers are getting lots of money on the backs of volunteers. I think sometimes on the non-profit side, groups decide to put on an event and have no idea just how much goes into it. Here a lot of schools have started to hold races and the PTAs usually have a very small number of people compared to the total number of kids in the school.

Docket_Rocket

Welp, I made it through the day without exposing myself. lol Any other time I would just go buy new jeans but the shit they're selling nowadays is skin tight, so I'm holding onto all the ones that are fitted but not ridiculously so.

I am sure a lot of people are happy for that?

6 miles and kickboxing.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

workinprogress11

Welp, I made it through the day without exposing myself. lol

It's always a good day when you can say that at the end of the day.

LRB

It's always a good day when you can say that at the end of the day.

lol

onemile

I ran 10 miles on the treadmill while watching the Bachelorette.

What happened to Mr. MattM?

Ric-G

You ever think about one of them jogger strollers that are all the rage? No one need know there is not a real baby in there.

Years ago, some guy nearby used to run early in the morning with a jogging stroller...then I passed by him one day and it was a dog in there....not a kid...

ran 5 miles this evening.

marathon pr - 3:16