Beginners and Beyond

ThursDogDaysOfAugustDailies (Read 34 times)

RunningOnSand

The spread was ridiculous, way too much food for one person. But I was hungry, so I ordered a five tray appetizer platter and a side of rice. Two people brought it out, the only thing missing was chairs for them to sit down and help me eat it. lol

*drool*  Sounds awesome.

delicate flower

Baboon, how many races/tris are you doing this year? Your recovery time seems like it's really minimal. That is awesome.

All this training for essentially three races:  A half iron, done in June.  A full iron on Sept 30.   And something in between this Sunday.  The Ironman is such a beast though that all this training is necessary.  If it seems like I recover quickly, looks can be deceiving.  I am tired a lot.

<3

KCRuns

Something is really wrong with my leg/calf....I don't even know anymore. I took about 5 steps out of bed this am and was in excruciating pain. Felt like it was in my ankle also? The only thing I can think of is that maybe the tendinitis is flaring up again. This feels a little different though. No running for a while. Now as I’m moving around at work it is improving. WTF? I’m about to loose it here

Jay, some sports injury places, like Athletico, offer a free injury screening.  If you go in for the free screening, at least then you know what you're dealing with and if you need to then go to the doctor.  If it's getting worse, you don't want to wait and let it become something more serious.

Runshortii

Jay - that sucks. Hope it heals quick. Is it worse first thing in the morning?

KC - nice workout!

i ran 5 and did some weights, and realized how weak I am because I’ve been neglecting weights

GinnyinPA

7 hilly miles on a cool but humid day. Temperature was 73 and dew point was 72. I was soaked at the end.

sdWhiskers

It's feels like 94F outside right now. I need to find an indoor track.

LRB

Half Crazy K 2.0

Strength training.

Jay, I'll echo what others said, get the calf checked out.

KC, that's an insane workout.

Jay - that sucks. Hope it heals quick. Is it worse first thing in the morning?

Thanks everyone. Do you think a sports PT is someone who I should see? I will have to check around and see who is good. ^^ Yes it is much worse in the am...I’ve experienced this with my peroneal tendonitis as well. This time it feels like I did about 1000 calf raises on my R side. Stretching seems to help and also moving around more seems to loosen it up. That’s why I ran the other afternoon...it felt pretty good. Even when I was running there was only a slight tightness.

PRs:----- 5k: 17:48 (2019)   5M: 29:36 (2020)    HM: 1:24:37 (2017) Scheduled: ???

Cyberic

15 km (9.2 miles-ish) @ MP

Cyberic

KC - I agree with the "Insane workout"

Half Crazy K 2.0

Jay, just saw something that my LRS is doing that you may want to see if you have near you. The LRS brings in medical professionals for brief consults (like 15 minutes max) for a minimal fee. When I did it a few years back, it was $15, which you got back if you bought something. Usually it's a physical therapist, ortho or chiro.

onemile

15 km (9.2 miles-ish) @ MP

nice!

Cyberic

nice!

Since I let go of the sub3 dream, and am focusing on 3:05, all my workouts are much more doable, and I feel tired but good after them.

onemile

Since I let go of the sub3 dream, and am focusing on 3:05, all my workouts are much more doable, and I feel tired but good after them.

That's smart and I know you'll get a sub-3 eventually but training to your fitness is going to help the most!

And you might just surprise yourself this fall!