Beginners and Beyond

Super Sunday Penguins (Read 19 times)

kristin10185

Skirt Runner

I have a great update on my cousin's wife, just got a phone call! The swelling went down enough to bring her out of the coma, hopefully permanently, and off life support as well! My uncle said she is talking and wiggling fingers!!!

PRs:   5K- 28:16 (5/5/13)      10K- 1:00:13 (10/27/13)    4M- 41:43 (9/7/13)   15K- 1:34:25  (8/17/13)    10M- 1:56:30 (4/6/14)     HM- 2:20:16 (4/13/14)     Full- 5:55:33 (11/1/15)

I started a blog about running :) Check it out if you care to

obiebyke

Kristin, great news on your cousin, and it must feel amazing to have done a race after all that foot ridiculousness!

Hi to everyone else. I've been lurking because of my injury--not feeling like I belong anymore--but dammit, I'm going to check in. I finally joined a gym today and did my first pool workout. Mostly water jogging. It's not the same, but it's something.

Call me Ray (not Ishmael)

JerryInIL

Return To Racing

Kristin, are there a lot of races in Central Park?

GinnyinPA

Obiebykes - we've all been injured, some of us for months at a time.  Doesn't mean you can't participate.  Being here is a way of saying, "I may not be running right now, but I am still a runner."  Besides, how else are you going to keep up with all the news?

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

Kristin, great news on your cousin, and it must feel amazing to have done a race after all that foot ridiculousness!

Hi to everyone else. I've been lurking because of my injury--not feeling like I belong anymore--but dammit, I'm going to check in. I finally joined a gym today and did my first pool workout. Mostly water jogging. It's not the same, but it's something.

A injured penguin is still a penguin.   Of course you belong!

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt