Beginners and Beyond

Finally FRIDAILIES (Read 48 times)

Cool  WELCOME TO THE DAILIES THREAD!   Cool

Anyone and everyone can post your runs, cross-training, abdominal work, rest days, race plans, training questions, etc.. The only stupid question is the one you did not post. There’s a great mix of beginners and veterans, runners and walkers, and maniacs and returners from injury, to running. We're all a little crazy here, too! While this thread is a terrific source of motivation for runners and serves as outstanding accountability, you’ll quickly find this remarkable group to be highly supportive of all life experiences. So, come on in, put your feet up, and stay a while (not literally)! And whoever is up first is welcome to start the thread and we definitely keep some weird hours around here.

Good morning, everyone.

I'm having a happy start to my day, even though it's raining, which means that this morning's outdoor run has been pushed to the TM after work. I found a pair of Inov8 F-lite 195s online for $84.00 with free shippingSmile They're normally $120.00.

I'm about to do my thirty-five push-ups and ab work. Have a great day!

Gustav1

Fear is a Liar

Good morning Basaya

I'm looking to get 8 miles in after work.

I'm so vegetarian I don't even eat animal crackers!

LRB

I'm looking to get 8 miles in after work.

Holy crap, you're up to 8 miles now?  Nice!

Good morning B!

I will run this morning, not sure where or on what yet.  One thing is certain, whatever is brewing in my Keurig sure smells delicious!

Morning all. SRD.

Really looking forward to my half tomorrow. Forecast is upper 30's, mix of rain & snow, 15mph winds. Oh, and the course is currently flooded. Will have to stop at the LRS & see if I can pick up a pair of running hip waders.

Have a good day everyone.

Dave

StepbyStep-SH

Morning, all!

Good luck tomorrow, Dave, that sounds brutal.

More resting, rolling and stretching today, plus a massage. Back and hip seem to be feeling better, but the true test will be when I try running again tomorrow.

20,000 miles behind me, the world still to see.

flarunner

Mornin' Peeps!

Did an easy 5 this morning, then had to have bloodwork done. So, now it's time for breakfast!

Good luck Dave!

Have a great day everyone!

Gustav, enjoy your post-work eight-miler.

Rick, have a great run.

DaveP MI, good luck tomorrow.

Shari, I'm proud of the commitment to taking care of yourself that you have. I hope that your run tomorrow goes well.

Push-ups and ab work are done. I'm on my way to work. I'm looking forward to my kids and going for a run after work.

delicate flower

Happy Friday, e-people!  The weather is going to suck today!  Looks like it'll be my third elliptical day in a row.  I did an hour on it yesterday and worked my legs pretty good.  In other but similar news, I've got full range of motion back in my knee.  I'm pretty excited about it.  When I was released from PT two weeks ago, they told me to work on that.  So, success!  Getting the last few degrees of bend takes a good amount work and discomfort, so I've got to keep working so that gets easier.  Having full ROM 65 days after surgery sounds pretty good though.

Busy weekend ahead.  You enjoy yours!

<3

Docket_Rocket

Morning!  6 miles with 8X100m strides.  I was suprised my lungs didn't collapse since it was so hot and humid.  My hair does look like medusa from it so there is that.  Weights tonight.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

YAYpril - B-Plus

Good morning!

It's dark and rainy here and I have a headache. Happy Friday, whoop! I'm running some miles at some point today. Not sure if it'll be on the treadmill or outside. Flying by the seat of my pants, I am.

Have a great day!

Good morning all!

3.7 recovery pace miles for me this morning. Flight to Boston this afternoon. Giggity. Smile

kristin10185

Skirt Runner

Good luck Dave that sounds rough. Good luck Boston runners!!!

Rest day today.

PRs:   5K- 28:16 (5/5/13)      10K- 1:00:13 (10/27/13)    4M- 41:43 (9/7/13)   15K- 1:34:25  (8/17/13)    10M- 1:56:30 (4/6/14)     HM- 2:20:16 (4/13/14)     Full- 5:55:33 (11/1/15)

I started a blog about running :) Check it out if you care to

LRB

Did an easy 5 this morning, then had to have bloodwork done. So, now it's time for breakfast! 

I worked out once while fasting for blood work, and my stress hormones were through the roof.  My doc was convinced I had a heart attack lol!  Enjoy your day Flo!

Dave are you going to the expo tonight, or picking up your packet tomorrow before the event?  I still need to register which I could do tomorrow, but will be taking that dreadful drive from Sterling Heights to Dearborn after work. 

Wassup Step, April, D, Boon, Fuzzy and Kristin!

Me, I was able to get 4 easy miles in despite a light rain at the start.  Thankfully, there was a break in the system which is all I have been asking for the past three days.

It was an uneventful run, I barely broke a sweat.

MtnBikerChk

running is bad for you