I ran 10 with :

2 mile warm up 

4 x 40 seconds fast-1 minute rest

4 x 90 seconds hills - recovery as jog back down 

4 x 40 seconds fast - 1 min rest

4 x 90 second hils - 90 sec rest

4 x 40 seconds fast - 1 min rest 

2 mile cool down

It was 10 degrees and windy as hell. Pretty f'ing miserable.

onemile

sdWhiskers, nope, you can not be a good runner unless you start loving running shoes. Every runner who loves running shoes knows that. 

Half Crazy K 2.0

6 miles with 4 x 6 minutes. Plan called for 10k pace, these found up faster than my 10k PR.

I think the Revels are a budget version of the Ghost. I have both. Comfortable shoes for walking around, not for running (at least for me). Both have 12mm drop, I think the Revel is a little firmer than the Ghost. I've worn the Ravenna before, I thought they felt a little springier than the Ghosts. All that said, I pretty much now only wear Mizuno Wave Riders.

LRB

I tried to use the Brooks Levitate instead of the Ghosts, and I thought I preferred them, but after about 50 miles I made my apologies, and I’ll be purchasing the Ghosts again. I had decided to wait until I had a few more miles on them. But because of you all, i am now on RW looking at them. But tbh I’m the worst at actually pulling the trigger and purchasing. I usually load up my cart, freak out about the total, and open a new tab, and periodically check back on my cart. If it’s a storefront that auto deletes my items in my cart I get crotchety and reload it, but still don’t purchase any items. 🤦🏻‍♀️🤔

You do that type of nonsense on Amazon and they'll raise the price on your ass. lol

LRB

I ran 10

It was 10 degrees

You killed it. I give you a 10.

onemile

I think the Revels are a budget version of the Ghost. I have both. Comfortable shoes for walking around, not for running (at least for me). Both have 12mm drop, I think the Revel is a little firmer than the Ghost 

This sounds like the Launch. I bought them because they were so much cheaper than the Ghost but they don't really do what the Ghost does on my recovery run days because they don't offer that level of cushioning. So I'm not sure it's worth it to save money

Half Crazy K 2.0

This sounds like the Launch. I bought them because they were so much cheaper than the Ghost but they don't really do what the Ghost does on my recovery run days because they don't offer that level of cushioning. So I'm not sure it's worth it to save money

I tried the Launch on at Holabirid Sports at one point because they were $65. They felt different from the Ghost/Revel, I think because of the 10mm drop and like you said, way less cushioning.

RunningOnSand

You do that type of nonsense on Amazon and they'll raise the price on your ass. lol

Same with airfare!! Those smart bastards, lol.

Docket_Rocket

I tried to use the Brooks Levitate instead of the Ghosts, and I thought I preferred them, but after about 50 miles I made my apologies, and I’ll be purchasing the Ghosts again. I had decided to wait until I had a few more miles on them. But because of you all, i am now on RW looking at them. But tbh I’m the worst at actually pulling the trigger and purchasing. I usually load up my cart, freak out about the total, and open a new tab, and periodically check back on my cart. If it’s a storefront that auto deletes my items in my cart I get crotchety and reload it, but still don’t purchase any items. 🤦🏻‍♀️🤔

You have to do like me.  Every since the Clifton 1s were redone, I have bought 12 new pairs (they were gone so I had to get enough for the rest of my life, lol).  But I've been doing two every two weeks or 3.  That way, the fear and pain of clicking buy.  Ha.

Only had time for 5 and those were done while cooking dinner but on my new TM.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

onemile

Only had time for 5 and those were done while cooking dinner but on my new TM.

so your treadmill is next to your stove? 

Docket_Rocket

so your treadmill is next to your stove? 

It is 0.015 from it so I run to it, turn the food and run back to the TM without skipping but one second.  Smile

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page