Beginners and Beyond

SunDAILIES brought to you by the letters T and M... (Read 36 times)

happylily

Zel, I worked with Pfitz 18/55 for my first 3 marathons and it worked well for me. But I never felt any guilt moving things around if it suited me better. So the med-LR on Wednesday would be switched to Friday night. Sometimes even Saturday, when I was more rested. Then LR on Sunday was done on r-r-r-really tired legs. :-) We do what we have to do to make it through each cycle. But I heard that Daniels is great also, so you can't go wrong with either.

Jay, did I read that you ran 21.25 at MP? Man there are a bunch of crazy runners around here. And you lead the pack. 

HL, congratulations! Wow! You beat your goal and by a lot, awesome finish time!

So I ran 18 miles. 8 of them at MP. 15 of them (including the 8) @ 7:57 avg. 3 were at easy pace. But I won't tell you in what order I ran them, because it's really embarrassing.  Average pace overall was 8:04. Many hours later, I went back for another 2 at recovery pace. That was purely a mental exercise, my training gained nothing by it. I just wanted to reach 80 miles for the week, and I hate having to get dressed again and running twice in a day. So I forced myself to do it. Now it's done. I can shower, again.

PRs: Boston Marathon, 3:27, April 15th 2013

Cornwall Half-Marathon, 1:35, April 27th 2013

18 marathons, 18 BQs since 2010

Docket_Rocket

Nice job, Lily!

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

LRB

Nice job, Lily!

+1

That girl is on fire!

Zel, it was said time and again by the vets on the BF that Pfitz was better suited for advanced runners and for good reason.

BPP, yes and yes!

Jay, thank you!  lol

Thanks D!

Hi Blue, Shari, B and Marj!

Phenomenal job Hobbit!

Sup Tom, Dave and Drew

What up doe everyone else!

I took myself to see Noah at the movies and drank so much wine that I have absolutely no review of the movie.  I am higher than inflation!  lmao

Docket_Rocket

Do you remember anything about the movie?  LOL.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

happylily

I took myself to see Noah at the movies and drank so much wine that I have absolutely no review of the movie.  I am higher than inflation!  lmao

LOL... Ok, I have to ask this: did you drink your wine while at the movies? Like, did you ask for a large popcorn and a glass of Cabernet Sauvignon? Or did you bring your own bottle? 

LRB

Do you remember anything about the movie?  LOL.

Yes babe, I was jiving around a little.

Russel Crowe's character (Noah) was sort of demonic in a way and he played it to the hilt.  There was also a twist on the story that I have never heard (The Watchers?) and I can get around a bible (any version) pretty good.

There was also what appeared to be the lead to a sequel (with one of Noah's sons) but I am uncertain they would follow that.

All in all it was a fair movie and worth the time and money, so long as you do not to take it too serious which I did not.

LRB

LOL... Ok, I have to ask this: did you drink your wine while at the movies? Like, did you ask for a large popcorn and a glass of Cabernet Sauvignon? Or did you bring your own bottle? 

They serve it there of course so I drank just short of a liter.  I am now home however and have since passed the liter mark. 

happylily

They serve it there of course so I drank just short of a liter.  I am now home however and have since passed the liter mark. 

YOU ARE KIDDING ME! They serve wine in movie theatres where you live??? What kind of a hell hole do I live in? Someone get me out of here! Is that a common thing in the US?

YOU ARE KIDDING ME! They serve wine in movie theatres where you live??? What kind of a hell hole do I live in? Someone get me out of here! Is that a common thing in the US?

It is not actually that common, but a few do.

Dave

happylily

It is not actually that common, but a few do.

Wow! Fancy Americans. 

Docket_Rocket

Our movie theater has a section with food menu and drinks.  It's more expensive than the regular one but it's nice if you have a date or want to treat yourself.

I don't think we'll see Noah.  It will be hard to sell a religious movie to an atheist couple.  Just saying.  Although I wouldn't mind.

Damaris

Fundraising Page

Phil, I hope that you've had a relaxing and refreshing SRD.

Shari, I hope that you've been having a fun, busy SRD.

Andrew, I hope that you're had a relaxing and refreshing SRD.

Marjorie, excellent 10.4.

DaveP MI, wonderful five and yoga.

Damaris, sweet six with hill repeats.

Rick, congratulation on a smokin' HM.

Nicole, congratulation on your hilly HM! Great time!

scottydawg, fantastic four this morning. Which beer did you have?

FreeSoul87, brava on the 15.5.

B-Plus plus, terrific 10.7.

Jay, 21.25 at MP on the TM? You win the dailies.

Zelanie, great 3.4.

Damaris, beautiful bike ride.

Lily, excellent 18+2.

Ab work and push-ups: done. I did two sets of my ab exercises. This week, I'm up to two sets of each weight-training and ab work.

LRB

I don't think we'll see Noah.  It will be hard to sell a religious movie to an atheist couple.  Just saying.  Although I wouldn't mind.

Between you and I it is no more religious than anything playing right now.  No different than you, I go to the movies to be entertained and to that end Noah is not unlike any other movie you or I have seen this year or last, I promise.

Lily, every theater in my county (AMC, MJR, Emagine, Star Theaters) serves alcohol but that just means there are a bunch of lushes over in my 'hood.  lol  Not so much where my main man Dave lives.

Docket_Rocket

Between you and I it is no more religious than anything playing right now.  No different than you, I go to the movies to be entertained and to that end Noah is not unlike any other movie you or I have seen this year or last, I promise.

Lily, every theater in my county (AMC, MJR, Emagine, Star Theaters) serves alcohol but that just means there are a bunch of lushes over in my 'hood.  lol  Not so much where my main man Dave lives.

True, which is why I want to see it.

Damaris

Fundraising Page

Yes we are all teetotalers here on the west side.  Well to be honest I hardly every go to the theater anymore, so I have no idea which ones serve alcohol. Used to be the Emagine near us was the only one, I remember it was a big deal when they first opened. And when I do go, usually it's there. Maybe some others caught on? We also have an AMC near us.

Dave