Beginners and Beyond

The Mike Rossi story just took a weirded out turn (Read 77 times)

beer run

Is weirded a word?

Anyway, check out the prize money that is being offered to him from the dudes at Letsrun.com:

http://www.runnersworld.com/general-interest/letsruncom-offers-massive-reward-to-viral-boston-marathon-dad

LetsRun.com, a running website, published a detailed article on Friday outlining the evidence that calls into question Rossi’s results. The website also challenged Rossi, 47, from Rydal, Pennsylvania, to match his time at Via, 3:11:45, within the next 12 months. If he succeeds, LetsRun.com promises to pay him $100,000.

If Rossi can't match or better his time from the Via Marathon in 2014, LetsRun.com will give him $10,000 if he runs 3:25 over the next year or if he breaks 70:00 for 10 miles or 20:00 for a 5K by the end of 2015. To earn the prize money, Rossi would have to make the attempt on a certified course.

I"ll wear his bib if he wants to go halvsies Tongue

RSX

Letsrun should just let it go. Sounds like a ploy on their part to get back in the news

Docket_Rocket

Letsrun should just let it go. Sounds like a ploy on their part to get back in the news

I agree.  He cheated but, come on, don't make me sing the song.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page