Beginners and Beyond

RR - Unite half marathon (Read 65 times)

Jack K.

uʍop ǝpᴉsdn sǝʇᴉɹʍ ʇI

Congrats!

Sometimes you really have to trust the course and quit overthinking it.

If it's off, it will typically be the same for everyone.

good job.

I agree with Sly. Also, just trust your training.  I don't think you will need 14 days to recover. Keep up the good work. Smile

music_girl117

Sly: you are right, I think I let it get to me too much.  I should have had a little more faith in the organizers.

Ginny: I did check again after the race, but there was no mention of the changed route.  So I have no idea what that was all about.  Someone asked about it on the race's facebook page but no reply yet.

cyberic, lily, hog4life, onemile: thank you so much!

cjones:  best of luck to you!!  Yes, the mental part is definitely important!

LRB, Brilliant, Zelanie, PAD, outoftheblue, bluerun: thanks!! Smile

Lauren: haha, we are pretty much PR twins!  Go get that 1:50!!

Jack: yeah, you are right.  Maybe I will try some speedwork next week, but I don't want to rush it.

PRs:

5k - 22:53  (May 2015)

10k - 50:00 (unofficial; part of 20k race, March 2015); 50:33 (official; July 2016)

HM - 1:48:40  (Apr. 2015)

Slymoon Runs

race obsessed

Sly: you are right, I think I let it get to me too much.  I should have had a little more faith in the organizers.

There are more than a few F'd up courses.  But keep in mind, you can only control what you can on race day and that amounts to you, your effort level etc.

Are you racing so close to the wire that 1/2 mile long will destroy you?  Or 1 mile long?  Maybe, but unless they do a mid race course correction, it is the same for everyone.  Chalk it up to a crappy course and carry on.

=)

Cyberic

Jack: yeah, you are right.  Maybe I will try some speedwork next week, but I don't want to rush it.

Big grin

LRB

I think you are in line for a big year. This performance was essentially the equivalent time for your 5k and 10k PR's, which means those two are now soft. In other words, the sky is the limit!

Hip Redux

Great job and congrats!!

BerthaSlayer

MM#5991

Nice pr. Congratulations.

Lori

*it's Bertha or me. My money is on me.*

**"There is no growth in the comfort zone and no comfort in the growth zone".---- Sandy**

Docket_Rocket

Congrats!  Great job and PR!

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Great job, MG, congrats on the big PR!

The mile is fun, good luck!

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

Awesome job and great PR!!!!

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

Way to go, congrats on the new PR, you earned it!

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt