Beginners and Beyond

RR With Photos- EWEB Run to Stay Warm HM - Photo added p.3 (Read 106 times)

Gustav1

Fear is a Liar

Great job on your race! Good point at mile 9 - it starts getting tough and you have to pick it up. Your splits look good too. Good job on the negative split for the second half of the race. Smile

I'm so vegetarian I don't even eat animal crackers!

happylily

Congratulations on the PR, Zelanie! You've been running very well. And you are glowing in your last picture. Really nice. Smile

PRs: Boston Marathon, 3:27, April 15th 2013

Cornwall Half-Marathon, 1:35, April 27th 2013

18 marathons, 18 BQs since 2010

That waffle is glowing too Smile

Great job on the PR, Zelanie!  I liked the report's detail too, it was almost like being there.

Zelanie

I am a sucker for race photos, so I bought this one.  It was mile 11, and I was completely faking it here.  But I got a floater. Smile

I also got a sleeprunning photo from mile 7, but I didn't buy that one and can't figure out how to show the proof.  I was also apparently sleeprunning across the finish line. Blush

Scotty- Thanks!  It would have been a fun race for you in the sense that the racers were all mixed together at completely different parts of the course.  So even though we started before the 5 and 10Kers, we still got to see each other in sections.  They just crossed back over for the finish using different footbridges.

Dan- It would be great to see you around here more often. Smile

Gustav- Thanks!  Next step is to remind myself that I can also step it up at mile 12 I guess.

Happylily- Thank you!  I think it was that I had just finished stretching and all the blood had rushed to my head. Smile

Jay- Thanks!  I really like your RRs and how you try to convey the mood and the mental games you play with yourself along the course.

happylily

Wow! Best running picture EVER! You should be on the cover of RW!

PRs: Boston Marathon, 3:27, April 15th 2013

Cornwall Half-Marathon, 1:35, April 27th 2013

18 marathons, 18 BQs since 2010

LRB

I am a sucker for race photos, so I bought this one.  It was mile 11, and I was completely faking it here.  But I got a floater. Smile

The background setting is perfect!  And I admire how you can smile during a race regardless of the distance or where you are in it!

hog4life

Nice pic!

That's a really great pic!  +1 for floating.

Zelanie

The background setting is perfect!  And I admire how you can smile during a race regardless of the distance or where you are in it!

It was an absolutely lovely course.  We had a view of the river or were in a park for all but maybe 4 blocks.  As far as smiling for the photos, I've figured out that if I psyche myself up by hamming it up for photos, cheering, high-fiving people, thanking volunteers, or whatever, that it really does help me to run better.  And I will take any help I can get.

Lily, Mitch, c0de- Thank you!

SheCan

It was an absolutely lovely course.  We had a view of the river or were in a park for all but maybe 4 blocks.  As far as smiling for the photos, I've figured out that if I psyche myself up by hamming it up for photos, cheering, high-fiving people, thanking volunteers, or whatever, that it really does help me to run better.  And I will take any help I can get.

You look so happy to be there.  Great picture!

I agree with the psyching yourself up.  It really does seem to help.

Cherie

"We do not become the people who this world needs simply by turning our backs on anyone we don’t like, trust, or deem healthy enough to be in our presence. "  ---- Shasta Nelson

One Half So Far

She did not, however, purchase the only picture of the two of us together.

Perhaps because you can't actually see her behind me.

It was the only time all day I was ahead of her. Big grin

I ran 2:04 something and did not die.  A good day for me.

~jeff~

PR: 5K 26:34 (Would have been faster if I hadn't had to tie my shoe), 5M: 43:10, 10K: 54:51. First HM 4/14/13 2:03:23

6/1: Moonlight 5M, Springfield 43:10

7/4 Butte to Butte 10K, Eugene

7/21 Run in the Country HM, Coburg

Another HM sometime in October or November.  Several to choose from.

workinprogress11

Congratulations on a well run race and on having the presence of mind at mile 9 to realize you were going to have to kick up the effort. You are making nice improvements and will continue to make more with the training you are doing.

I really want that waffle.

Great job!

RunTomRun

Wickedly Average

Awesome race, Z-Girl!  As I mentioned a few days back, you got me by about 20 seconds.

I know how I felt at my September half - there's an old saying that you run 10 miles and then the second half of the HM. Well, that one in September felt that way. The one in October felt better at the end, but I was a little delirious after crossing the finish line. Almost disoriented for a minute or two.

Nice pic, by the way. A floater indeed. That's always nice.

Tom (formerly known as PhotogTom)

5K - 25:16, 10K - 55:31,  15K - 1:20:55,   HM - 1:54:54

Zelanie

Unlike me, Jeff, you came in a minute *under* your goal if I recall correctly!  And without a functional GPS too!

For the record, I don't even come up to Jeff's shoulders, so no hope of appearing in the photo if I'm on the other side of him. :P

workinprogress- Thank you!  Now I just need to remind myself to tough it out for that last mile, too!

Tom- That saying sounds about right.