Beginners and Beyond

Shamrock 2013 (Read 535 times)

Jess runs for bacon

Glad to hear that the out of towners made it here safely.  Had fun at the 8k today, my wife and oldest ran that and our youngest did the Leprechaun Dash, fun stuff.  Only rained for a bit, not bad.  Hopefully it stays dry tomorrow.  Good luck everyone, see you on the course or in the tent afterwards. Smile

Look for green sparkly tutu with a white headscarf with Shamrocks on it. That would be me Smile I will look like Irelamd barfed on me.

UPSucks

I have had a crap ton of carbs these last two days!!  Cliff Bars, spaghetti, pizza, Gatorade, frozen yogurt!!  I'm stuffed right now and ready to race!!

What is everyone wearing in the morning?  I'm thinking about putting on a light weight thermal under a long sleeve tech shirt. Light gloves, shorts, and a hat I can toss out I get too warm.

aplodder

Susan

Lilac_jive, I'm across the street at the Royal Clipper.  (It's surprisingly nicer inside than it looks from the outside.  I was a little scared when I first saw it.)  I'm heading for the start around 6:30.  Plain green shirt, black arm warmers, shorts, and an orange band bracelet. I will probably have a visor on, and I have a blonde ponytail.   I will keep an eye out for you.

Jess runs for bacon

Lilac_jive, I'm across the street at the Royal Clipper.  (It's surprisingly nicer inside than it looks from the outside.  I was a little scared when I first saw it.)  I'm heading for the start around 6:30.  Plain green shirt, black arm warmers, shorts, and an orange band bracelet. I will probably have a visor on, and I have a blonde ponytail.   I will keep an eye out for you.

I will be walking over around the same time. I will keep my eye out for you, but I will probably be easier to spot Big grin

slowrunningjulie

Julie, did you get your gu through security?

It did! Thank you for asking. My whole travel experience was quite uneventful and I am really enjoying Virginia Beach.

What's everyone wearing tomorrow? The "feels like" temps are in the 30's, I assume because of the wind. I am definitely wearing a long sleeved tech shirt, a light jacket,capris and a headband for my ears. Still considering a cap over the headband (in case it rains) and actually contemplating another layer for my torso. I don't like wind.

Upcoming:

July 27 - San Francisco marathon

slowrunningjulie

Look for green sparkly tutu with a white headscarf with Shamrocks on it. That would be me Smile I will look like Irelamd barfed on me.

From what I can tell, this whole place looks like Ireland barfed on it!

Upcoming:

Dreamn

I'm wearing shorts, short sleeve shirt, arm warmers, and gloves. If it's raining I'll throw on a hat. Hopefully I'll see you all, if not I look forward to all of the race reports.

aplodder

Susan

I'm wearing shorts, short sleeve shirt, arm warmers, and gloves. If it's raining I'll throw on a hat. Hopefully I'll see you all, if not I look forward to all of the race reports.

Thank you for mentioning gloves.  I had forgotten that I had packed a throw-away pair.  I dug them out and put them with my stuff.

My name is Susan, by the way.  It's on my bib.

Vegan Ang

Formerly sdnyc99

I should be sleeping but nerves are getting the better of me.

I'm wearing a short-sleeve green tee over a long-sleeve black tee, a black running skirt, and black knee-high compression socks.

Have great runs, everyone!

Angela 

How did everyone do?   My personal goal was to blow my marathon PR completely out of the water (Previous PR was about a 4:48:00), and if possible, get a 3:59:59 or better.   Well, I got a 3:59:30ish, so I can retire from racing now. Big grin   I really had to give it about 120% in the last 3 miles and I couldn't even see straight after the race, exhausted!   That resulted in me only being able to get one beer down, was too fatigued, can barely walk currently, but it was worth it!Joking

How did y'all do on your fulls and halfs?

The Plan '15 →   ///    "Run Hard, Live Easy."   ∞

Jess runs for bacon

Thank you for mentioning gloves.  I had forgotten that I had packed a throw-away pair.  I dug them out and put them with my stuff.

My name is Susan, by the way.  It's on my bib.

i looked for you but I was a few minutes late and didn't see you. Feel free to come across the way tonight and say hi, I'll buy you a drink Smile

KL, that's awesome!!!!

Mmmmm...beer

Great job Kris!  Big grin

1:28:10 in the half for me, goal was sub-1:30, so I'm very happy!

Hope everyone had a great race!

-Dave

My running blog

Goals | sub-18 5k | sub-3 marathon 2:56:46!!

UPSucks

I'm beat!!  2:04:06  Now I have a PR to try to beat in the fall!  I crashed the last three or so miles. Haven't looked at my garmin yet. I know they weren't negative splits though!

Congrats everyone!

slowrunningjulie

How did everyone do?   My personal goal was to blow my marathon PR completely out of the water (Previous PR was about a 4:48:00), and if possible, get a 3:59:59 or better.   Well, I got a 3:59:30ish, so I can retire from racing now. Big grin   I really had to give it about 120% in the last 3 miles and I couldn't even see straight after the race, exhausted!   That resulted in me only being able to get one beer down, was too fatigued, can barely walk currently, but it was worth it!Joking

How did y'all do on your fulls and halfs?

That's awesome! I probably saw you at around mile 25 or so, when I was going the other way! And congratulations to all the runners. I am super happy with my race. I am not in danger of winning any AG awards, but I did manage to shave off almost 40 minutes from my first marathon time. And my overall pace was faster than a 30K that I ran in January. So I feel very good. It was so cold out that I skipped the free beer in favor of a super hot shower.

Upcoming:

That's awesome! I probably saw you at around mile 25 or so, when I was going the other way! And congratulations to all the runners. I am super happy with my race. I am not in danger of winning any AG awards, but I did manage to shave off almost 40 minutes from my first marathon time. And my overall pace was faster than a 30K that I ran in January. So I feel very good. It was so cold out that I skipped the free beer in favor of a super hot shower.

Cutting almost 40 minutes off of a Marathon time is superb, especially with all that wind up on the north end of Virginia Beach, Great work Julie!    Great work to everyone on not the most ideal weather day  :-)

The Plan '15 →   ///    "Run Hard, Live Easy."   ∞