Beginners and Beyond

Insipid ThursDAILIES (Read 39 times)

bluerun

Super B****

I say I'm a big believer in that running 5Ks makes you run faster 5Ks, but I can't say that is any better than actually training for 5Ks, because I've never tried that.

chasing the impossible

because i never shut up ... i blog

Docket_Rocket

That's what facebook groups are for.

And you can compartmentalize people to friends, acquaintances and family and not post to everybody.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

LRB

I say I'm a big believer in that running 5Ks makes you run faster 5Ks, but I can't say that is any better than actually training for 5Ks, because I've never tried that.

You did great with what you did do.

LRB

I went to the supermarket and some dude hit my car while leaving his parking space.  All while I was waiting for another guy's parking space and the dude saw me while he was getting into his car.  AND HE LEFT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  I took a picture of his plate but fortunately, there was no damage to my car.  Although I am tempted to call the cops anyway.

And all for naught, since my supermarket opens tomorrow. Gah.

'Tis the season to be an A-hole.

delicate flower

There's a lot more drama and negativity on FB and it gets intolerable at times.  I prefer the run-centricity of the forums with a little life stuff mixed in.

Anywho, 7.1 mile run complete, rounding out the year at 2445 miles.  DaveP wins.   Baboon fail.

<3

bluerun

Super B****

You did great with what you did do.

That's why I'm gonna keep doing it.  ALL YEAR LONG. 

chasing the impossible

because i never shut up ... i blog

LRB

That's why I'm gonna keep doing it.  ALL YEAR LONG. 

'Atta girl. We're gonna find a glass for you yet.

No more marathons

You would only run 25-30mpw for 5k training?

Yeah, I don't really like running much, but it's what fits my schedule right now and I've found over the years that 25 to 30 miles per week allows me to race fairly well at the 5K and 10K distance - especially if I mix in enough quality.

I'm basically lazy and do only the minimum I need to get reasonable results.  (All praise to mom and dad for passing on good genes).

Both my Marathon PR (set in 1981) and my BQ, run in 2012 were both run on 40 miles per week or less.

Boston 2014 - a 33 year journey

Lordy,  I hope there are tapes. 

He's a leaker!

Cyberic

That's what facebook groups are for.

True. But for some reason I don't find them as effective as this forum.

Cyberic

You would only run 25-30mpw for 5k training?

More in the lines of 40-45, but other than a little more mileage, the way bluesky describes the training looks exactly like what I do when I'm not marathon training.

RA has pretty much replaced Facebook for me as the place I do most of my online time-wasting. My imaginary running friends are more entertaining than my FB friends. I pretty much keep my friends list small and stay away from the drama anyway. I mostly use FB to get funny pictures and whatnot.

Dave

Jack K.

uʍop ǝpᴉsdn sǝʇᴉɹʍ ʇI

RA has pretty much replaced Facebook for me as the place I do most of my online time-wasting. My imaginary running friends are more entertaining than my FB friends. I pretty much keep my friends list small and stay away from the drama anyway. I mostly use FB to get funny pictures and whatnot.

Bonus for using whatnot.

4.5 miles with 6x400 at 5k pace. Nice shakeout for my HM on Sunday. Happy New Year to everyone.

Docket_Rocket

I got my evaluation today.  Best one so far.  Someone (ahem, my bitchy neighbor) will not be happy.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page