Beginners and Beyond

Penguins Championship WeekenDAILYS (Read 29 times)

JerryInIL

Return To Racing

Good Morning Afternoon.  7.2 on the bike path with DW.  Decided to postpone the LR with a warm up coming this week.  27 for the week and holiday streak is at 11.

Have fun tree decorating Kathleen.  Glad we got ours done last weekend.

Enjoy the RD Bella.

Keep up the streak SF.

Have a good run tonight Mrs. Docket.

How low HR, PAD?

Good job on the streak sapf.

Welcome back, Brilliant.  Good luck training.

PADRunner

Jerry - I'm trying to stay below 131. Put's me about 13mm.

Zelanie

SF, Congats on the TM!

I am back home and our Costa Rican exchange student is here too!  Hoping to spend the day showing him around and stuff like that. Smile

JerryInIL

Return To Racing

SF, Congats on the TM!

I am back home and our Costa Rican exchange student is here too!  Hoping to spend the day showing him around and stuff like that. Smile

Better explain the TP system to him !!!  

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

5K on Saturday:   http://www.runningahead.com/groups/BF_and_Beyond/forum/Post/ab0d03e755754de5a8e65be5021c9bdf#focus

Followed that up with a run/walk at Lackland Air Force Base on Sunday.  I like running at Lackland on Sunday, very peaceful, roads are quiet, lots of 'open space' to run, you can even run straight down the middle of the road in certain places, with no worries about traffic.   Started out with 3 miles in mind, but felt so good out there, just kept going for a bit more and ended up with 4.2 miles.  Nice weather too, near 60 degrees!

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

hog4life

Brilliant, which plan have you decided on?

7 miles on the trails and earned my trail running badge. You earn a badge by biting the dust. Or in my case, the mud! Stupid rock, not sure why they put rocks on trails. It would compare to having a hill right before the finish line.

From the Internet.

Afternoon pens! Got back in from 10.5 miles a little while ago - clean, warm, and finishing my shower beer now Smile Just a hair over 36 miles for the week!

I have NEVER had to pee mid-run before, usually going right before I leave means I'm good until after I get home, but I drank a crapton of water this morning so I had to make an emergency pit stop at a pizza place ~5.25 miles in today. Second half of the run was much better after that!

GinnyinPA

Mitch - lots of rocks on our trails; that's why I don't run them.  AT hikers call this Rocksylvania, aka where hiking boots go to die.  Sorry about your faceplant.

Z - how long will you be hosting this student?

Brilliant - Work travel or fun travel?  When is your marathon?  LA marathon?

Jerry - hard to believe that Chicago is warm in December.

Scotty - sounds like a good Sunday run.

Traci - I hope your body is behaving better today

Kathleen - what caused the mixup? Change in schedule because of the holidays? How frustrating.   I'm glad you had a good early morning run anyway.

Stonefence - I hope you enjoy your TM.  What did you end up getting?

D - I hope your run went well.

PAD - good job on the 10.  I don't have the patience for LHR.  I am still having a hard time just keeping my paces down at McMillan levels.

sapf - good work keeping up the streak.  It was blustery here too - 15mph wind.  Since I was running in the country, with no corn left in the fields to break the wind, I felt it. Brrr.

Lauren - shower beer?  I haven't tried that.  Wine in the bathtub, yes, but the only time I've had beer in the shower was when I tried washing my hair in it.  Back before I drank good beer.  Good thing you found the pizza place on your route.  That's one of my worries when figuring out where to go for my long run.  There are no businesses I can stop at unless I run into town, which I usually don't do for my long runs, so I have to look for either new home construction with a POP or a place with good woods to hide in.  Fortunately, I usually go a couple of times before I leave home, so I rarely need to search for a discrete place.

AFM:  Long run today - 16 miles.  Fortunately, the sun was shining and it was 41 and only a little windy.  I brought a wind jacket but it was too much so it stayed tied around my waist.  Very sore feet the last four miles. I need to find some shoes with more cushion.

Jack K.

uʍop ǝpᴉsdn sǝʇᴉɹʍ ʇI

Hi all. Checking in from DD's swim meet. I just ran 11.4 miles and now I'm hungry. I signed up for a HM in two weeks so that should be interesting. See ya.

on my way to badass

Ginny, we got a NordicTrack from Sears. Its got a 2.6 HP motor. It's home and assembled now. Gonna get my mile in after dinner.

Still waiting for the perfect race picture. 5K PR-33:52 , 10K PR 1:11:16, First HM 2:42:28

Zelanie

Ginny- We'll have him for a month, then he'll go to another family for January before heading home.  Nice LR!

SF- I've been looking at the Nordic Tracks, hope you love yours!

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

SF, nice.

Damaris