Beginners and Beyond

TuesDAILIES: When I nod my head, hit it (Read 42 times)

Jack K.

uʍop ǝpᴉsdn sǝʇᴉɹʍ ʇI

Brr and LRB: Thanks! Workouts like that are butt kickers, but on the bright side, they make me very hungry and make me feel like can eat whatever I want. That being said, I am going to make a BLT with extra B. Yep.

Cyberic

Hi Dailies.

Today's workout kicked my butt.

1 mile warm up

2 @ ghmp (7:10) 3 min rest

2x1 mile @ 10k (6:50) 2 min rest

2x800m @ 5k (6:30) 2 min rest

8 miles total

I managed to hit all the paces except the last 800 but I was close. It hurt like hell but I remembered that LRB said you HAVEt to just push through it. That's how your legs learn to go. I'm tired. DW2 is in the pool doing her thing (training) and I'm going to doze in the car.

Good night.

Jee-zes, that's a tough workout you did.

I did :

10 mins warmup

4x2 mins(~500m) @ 5k (~6:25) 1 min rest

then cooldown for a total of 5 miles

I found it was enough of a workout. Yours was tougher. How many tough workouts like this do you do per week?

Jack K.

uʍop ǝpᴉsdn sǝʇᴉɹʍ ʇI

I am training for a HM so I am doing two speed sessions (intervals and tempo run) and one long run a week. Any other runs are easy pace. As far as that workout, I think that is the hardest one in the plan I am using.

Edit: actually, I just looked. Next week I have 7x1000 @ 6:50 and another week is 6x1200 @ 6:30. That's unchartered territory for me so we'll see how it goes.

Cyberic

I am training for a HM so I am doing two speed sessions (intervals and tempo run) and one long run a week. Any other runs are easy pace. As far as that workout, I think that is the hardest one in the plan I am using.

Ok. I'm training for a half also, what I do is similar, but a bit less difficult. I also do two speed sessions + 1 long run, and all the rest is easy running. On Tuesdays it's VO2max day (@5k), and on Thursdays (sometimes Fridays) it's Lactate Threshold day. It is slower (@10k) but longer, but still done in an Interval fashion. Your tempo run is steady running, at what speed?

Cyberic

6x1200 @ 6:30.

Well, I checked a recent 10k time of yours, and I have about the same 10k time. But this training you're doing is way more than what I'm doing. So chances are I'm going to fall behind

Jack K.

uʍop ǝpᴉsdn sǝʇᴉɹʍ ʇI

For tempo runs my paces vary from 7:10-7:35.

Docket_Rocket

I hope you guys are not recording the Germany v. Brazil match because it's embarrassing at this point.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Jack K.

uʍop ǝpᴉsdn sǝʇᴉɹʍ ʇI

I hope you guys are not recording the Germany v. Brazil match because it's embarrassing at this point.

I think it's great. Smile

Docket_Rocket

I think it's great. Smile

I am ecstatic.  And at least the other team did not go 7-0.  7-1 is much more respectable. 

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Docket_Rocket

I do think the goalie said fuck it, let them have it, though.

Damaris

Fundraising Page

happylily

Cyber, Jaxk's 10k PR was done in the middle of marathon training, if I'm not mistaken. He's got more miles in his legs and is probably faster than a 42:00 10k now. Am I right, Jack? Great run by the way!

10 miles done. Now supper. I'll do the arms and abs later this evening.

PRs: Boston Marathon, 3:27, April 15th 2013

Cornwall Half-Marathon, 1:35, April 27th 2013

18 marathons, 18 BQs since 2010

LRB

Next week I have 7x1000 @ 6:50 and another week is 6x1200 @ 6:30. That's unchartered territory for me so we'll see how it goes.

Those are actually not that bad, it's more mental than anything.  You have to focus to keep from wanting to call it quits, so the fight is against yourself...mostly.

Don't get me wrong they both are hard, tough workouts, I am just saying that both are within your physical means, it's the mental aspect that gets a little shaky.

But that is what I mean when I say that race day success is born at the track. When you start compiling these tough workouts and you are hitting your paces and recovering properly the race itself becomes a big 'ole slice of pie, and you just go out there and eat that bitch up!

LRB

I do think the goalie said fuck it, let them have it, though.

I must be the only person in the country world who has no interest in any of it.  To me, watching paint dry is more exciting.

Jack K.

uʍop ǝpᴉsdn sǝʇᴉɹʍ ʇI

Cyber, Jaxk's 10k PR was done in the middle of marathon training, if I'm not mistaken. He's got more miles in his legs and is probably faster than a 42:00 10k now. Am I right, Jack? Great run by the way!

10 miles done. Now supper. I'll do the arms and abs later this evening.

Wow I forgot about that, Lily. You are correct. I'm not sure if I am faster now and likely won't find out. 10ks are becoming very rare around here. It seems like it's all 5ks and HMs.

Jack K.

uʍop ǝpᴉsdn sǝʇᴉɹʍ ʇI

Those are actually not that bad, it's more mental than anything.  You have to focus to keep from wanting to call it quits, so the fight is against yourself...mostly.

Don't get me wrong they both are hard, tough workouts, I am just saying that both are within your physical means, it's the mental aspect that gets a little shaky.

But that is what I mean when I say that race day success is born at the track. When you start compiling these tough workouts and you are hitting your paces and recovering properly the race itself becomes a big 'ole slice of pie, and you just go out there and eat that bitch up!

I am starting to understand what you mean, LRB, and I had a small taste of that pie this morning. Very gratifying!