Beginners and Beyond

To Honor Jewell's Memory & Other Loved Pets (Read 72 times)

Jnfr Jogs

Make a puppy food and/or kitten food donation to your local animal shelter.  You can just drop it off anytime - if they are not open, you can leave it on the doorstep.  April is the start of the flood tide of puppies & kittens being turned in to shelters, so even if you can't adopt one, you can make a huge difference in such a simple way.  A couple of bags of dry food and a case of canned food - or if you'd rather, you can write 'em a check.

Baboon & MtnBikerChick, we have not met, nor have I met your furred family - yet I am sorry for your pain and loss, and I hope my small donation in her honor conveys my respect.

Docket_Rocket

Great idea.  We volunteer at the shelter and walk dogs that are to be euthanized soon so they can have some happy time.  I wish I could take them home to the park so they can play with others and stuff.

In Miami, there are hundreds of dogs and cats dumped at the shelter every week.  70-90% of them are killed.  So, anything you can do to extend that and giving them a chance, is great.  Or you can adopt as many like we did, haha.

And Phil and MBC, again, very sorry for your loss.  Close to a year has passed and I remember Lily every day. May your memories of her be filled with happiness and pure awesomeness of Jewell.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

MJ5

Chief Unicorn Officer

So sorry for your loss, MTB.

And that's a great idea about donating!  I have three dogs and they also get a lot of toys they don't play with, for whatever reason.  Last year I'd called the local SPCA and asked if they accept gently used toys that have been cleaned and they said yes.  I dropped off a bag of food, a bag of treats, and a bag full of about 15 toys that were in great condition and it makes me happy to think that some pup gets a few hours of fun play time with a toy we gave them.

Mile 5:49 - 5K 19:58 - 10K 43:06 - HM 1:36:54

delicate flower

Baboon & MtnBikerChick, we have not met, nor have I met your furred family - yet I am sorry for your pain and loss, and I hope my small donation in her honor conveys my respect.

That is incredibly nice of you and very much appreciated.  We've donated time, money, and canine "sundries" to the local greyhound adoption group, so we really appreciate this.  Now that we are back down to one dog, we'll probably start fostering again once life settles down a bit for us.

<3

MtnBikerChk

running is bad for you

Make a puppy food and/or kitten food donation to your local animal shelter.  You can just drop it off anytime - if they are not open, you can leave it on the doorstep.  April is the start of the flood tide of puppies & kittens being turned in to shelters, so even if you can't adopt one, you can make a huge difference in such a simple way.  A couple of bags of dry food and a case of canned food - or if you'd rather, you can write 'em a check.

I'm speechless.

Thank you.

This is the first year I'm not the treasurer for CT Greyhound Adoption and it feels weird.  I'm sure we'll get back to volunteering for them this summer.  And yes animal shelters are always grateful for donations of food, toys, blankets, medications (frontline), collars, leashes, coats/pjs (greyhounds have thin skin and fur LOL), crates etc etc!