Beginners and Beyond

What do you ladies(and gents) wear when not running? (Read 227 times)

perfectform

Loincloth and laurel crown.

happylily

For many years, it was skirt, blouse and heels when I used to work in an office. Then, when I became a preschool educator, I switched to good quality yoga pants and tops. I love my smart yoga pants, they look very urban and classy (I think) and I can wear them (at least the black ones) to almost any formal functions, with a white blouse and high heel boots/shoes. The gray ones are mostly for work and casual weekends. I rarely wear jeans, now. They seem uncomfortable now that I have tasted the comfort of a well cut and well made pair of yoga pants. They are also very flattering where it counts!

Summer is mostly short sleeveless dresses and flat sandals. Aww... how I miss summer!

PRs: Boston Marathon, 3:27, April 15th 2013

Cornwall Half-Marathon, 1:35, April 27th 2013

18 marathons, 18 BQs since 2010

Ultra Cowboy

Casual

Wrangler 31mwz 34x36

Collared shirt, Usually button down collar.  Cotton or Cotton blend

Running shoes, Meindl  AK hiker Boots, or Nick's Packer Boots

Headgear appropriate for the outdoor activity.  (Trying to get away from Ball caps)

Business Casual

Chinos- tan cotton

Collared shirt, usually button down long sleeve

CK Merino wool Vneck sweater

Black Bullhide Tony Lama Boots

Semi formal

Slacks - Tan or Grey

Blue blazer

Tie to coordinate

Cotton collared shirt

Black Tony Lama Bullhide boots

Formal?:

Whatever the Bride decides

WYBMADIITY

Save

MrNamtor

Recently, due to the influence of DW, I've gone a little more Tommy Bahama. I like their clothes because they look good, fit well, and you can vault over barriers in them without looking ridiculous.

Well, you can vault over barriers in them anyway.

Adam_McAllen

Beer-and-waffle Powered

What more could you ask for?

Well, you can vault over barriers in them anyway.

In the words of my late-coach : Just hang in there, relax... and at the end of a race anyone you see.....just pass them

pcolajen

kind of a big deal

ann taylor (and loft), j crew, banana republic, gap, saks off fifth. for shoes, cole haan is the best. they're pricey and worth every penny. their boots with the nike air soles are unbelievably comfortable, even with 3" heels.

i live in the panhandle, so it's almost always warm here. my summer uniform is a light dress with flip flops or sandals. in cooler months, jeans or a dress with boots.

straight leg jeans with a heel or a wedge shoe will make your legs look a mile long. skinny jeans with knee high boots can make your legs look pretty fabulous, too.

work outfits vary wildly. anything from jeans to a suit, depending on what's on the agenda that day.

Jess runs for bacon

ann taylor (and loft), j crew, banana republic, gap, saks off fifth. for shoes, cole haan is the best. they're pricey and worth every penny. their boots with the nike air soles are unbelievably comfortable, even with 3" heels.

i live in the panhandle, so it's almost always warm here. my summer uniform is a light dress with flip flops or sandals. in cooler months, jeans or a dress with boots.

straight leg jeans with a heel or a wedge shoe will make your legs look a mile long. skinny jeans with knee high boots can make your legs look pretty fabulous, too.

work outfits vary wildly. anything from jeans to a suit, depending on what's on the agenda that day.

Glad I'm not the only one. Almost every pair of shoes I have are Cole Haan. They just had 70% off tons of boots and I almost cried. Too broke right now Sad

kristin10185

Skirt Runner

My job involves a lot of running around after small children with autism and crawling on tge floor at times (I am a pediatric occupational therapist) but I also need to look professional. AND my building has the worst heat regulation ever. Some rooms are pumping with heat and like 80 degrees and some are freezing. So almost everyday I wear a short sleeved shirt with a long sleeved button down cardigan over so I can take it on and off as temps fluctuate, and I own every color of Old Navy kakhis...light tan, dark tan, brown, black, light grey, dark grey, green, navy....

On weekends I do a lot of leggings with a long shirt/sweaterdress over and boots. Also a lot of bootcut dark wash jeans and sweaters.

PRs:   5K- 28:16 (5/5/13)      10K- 1:00:13 (10/27/13)    4M- 41:43 (9/7/13)   15K- 1:34:25  (8/17/13)    10M- 1:56:30 (4/6/14)     HM- 2:20:16 (4/13/14)     Full- 5:55:33 (11/1/15)

I started a blog about running :) Check it out if you care to

pcolajen

kind of a big deal

Glad I'm not the only one. Almost every pair of shoes I have are Cole Haan. They just had 70% off tons of boots and I almost cried. Too broke right now Sad

70% off!!!  WHY DIDN'T YOU TELL ME!?!?

kristin10185

Skirt Runner

Oh, and on my feet at work I have several pairs of those flats Sketchers makes that have a sole like a sneaker. Not allowed to wear sneakers to work, but as previoisly mentioned I run around after small children so those Sketchers are the best. And the weekend attire I mentioned is if I'm actually doing something social or going to a restaurant, bar, ect. For errands or hanging out, I live in yoga pants, uggs, and hoodies.

PRs:   5K- 28:16 (5/5/13)      10K- 1:00:13 (10/27/13)    4M- 41:43 (9/7/13)   15K- 1:34:25  (8/17/13)    10M- 1:56:30 (4/6/14)     HM- 2:20:16 (4/13/14)     Full- 5:55:33 (11/1/15)

I started a blog about running :) Check it out if you care to

I'm a jeans/tshirt type girl as well.  I wear the yoga pants with tshirts when I do weigh in at Weight Watchers or if I work all day, I'll wear that or some pajama pants to be comfy.

Jess runs for bacon

70% off!!!  WHY DIDN'T YOU TELL ME!?!?

You super duper need to get their emails.

MrNamtor

You super duper need to get their emails.

ha!

Oddly, I do not own a pair of jeans even though my work requirements are pretty laid back and allow them.  Normally I'm in khakis, polo shirts, shorts in summer.  (I went several months this past year without ever wearing long pants.)

During the brief time that I'm not working, running, or at home, I just wear work clothes or clean running clothes.  DW does pretty much the same but in work scrubs or her golf stuff.

alywheel

skinny jeans/t-shirt or long sleeve, or casual, nice top

^^ this on weekends.

At work, it's business casual. Lots of Banana Republic and J.Crew. Mostly skirts or dresses.  Boots in the winter and ballet flats in the summer.