Beginners and Beyond

Perspiring Penguins WednesDAILY (Read 28 times)

hog4life

Coralie, sorry about the surgery. How long did it take for you to recover last time? Are you gonna try to do NOLA half in February? I might try to make it down there.

We did a push up challenge a while back on my Miles Game team. Do as many as you can for one minute, that is your starting point. In 30 days, you do the same test, as many as you can in one minute. During the 30 days, you train/practice however you see fit. We reported numbers daily to keep each other accountable. Some did them once per day, some 2-4 times per day, other did "sets". I was totally surprised at how many I could do at the end of 30 days.

Jack K.

uʍop ǝpᴉsdn sǝʇᴉɹʍ ʇI

Oh wow, Coralie, I just read your news! So sorry. I will keep you in my prayers and hope all is well.

Bin Running

Coralie, sorry to hear that you need another surgery.. Hope they fix it this time..

2015 Races

2XU HM - 29 Mar

Dad on the run.

I don't think pull ups are really favorable to men or women. I can do about 3 unassisted. I think in 30 days you would be surprised how many you could do. But I'm game for whatever.

Seems like both of these challenges favor the guys. I can't do a single pull-up Blush

Chasing the sub 20 5K.

Docket_Rocket

As promised, me and bingo_jenn:

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Zelanie

Coralie- So sorry to hear about the surgery.  That must be so frustrating.  Wow on the resting HR.  Mine will get down to 45 first thing in the morning when I'm still in bed if I'm fully recovered, but not in the middle of the day.

D- Great photo!

I went to the track workout.  It had cooled down quite a bit by 6 and there was a breeze.  I only did 2/3 of the reps since I have a 5K this weekend, but afterwards we did some group stretching, and they threw some planks in there.  So add two more 30-second planks to my day, jeez.