Beginners and Beyond

2020 Dailies #16 (Read 37 times)

Runshortii

I played the flute in high school 

I played the clarinet all through HS but I sucked at it. I cared more about track and XC and only stuck with band for the free trips to Florida. I still have nightmares that I have a concert and forgot

to practice lol

I can contribute clarinet or oboe. But haven't touched either since 8th grade.

You just don’t get enough oboe music these days.

Dave

I played the clarinet all through HS but I sucked at it. I cared more about track and XC and only stuck with band for the free trips to Florida. I still have nightmares that I have a concert and forgot

to practice lol

My son played tuba in HS. He liked playing it, but if you were in band you were also in marching bad. And he hated that. Marching in all kinds of shitty weather conditions with a clarinet or flute is one thing, but with a tuba it really sucked.

Dave

sdWhiskers

You just don’t get enough oboe music these days.

It's actually why I didn't do band in high school. You can't march with an oboe.

I did track for 3 years, but was a jumper because I hated running, lol

GinnyinPA

We had a wind advisory today, which made my afternoon run a bit of a challenge. We also had some snow showers off and on. There as a bout a 25 second per mile difference between the miles into the wind and away from the wind. I ran 8.

Cyberic

Excellent. We can have a Jethro Tull kind of thing going.

Here's what an Internet band can sound/look like with some dedication. All the people in this video have never met each other and all live in different countries.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=is52zKsRiks&list=PLF63888B9532AD4D3&index=4

So if we're going to be like that, I'm out, lol. One of the reasons I quit playing music was I was so much into those Youtube collaborations I was spending more time audio editing, green screen setup, sometimes I was doing the one doing the video editing...

But when I stopped, then I was playing alone and that wasn't fun anymore.

RunningOnSand

I don't play any instruments. I could be a backup dancer, but I suck at dancing, lol. Maybe the non-musical folk of the B&B could do a type of interpretive dance? LOL.

bluerun

Super B****

It fits! It fits! It fits! 

chasing the impossible

because i never shut up ... i blog

Half Crazy K 2.0

6 on the treadmill and strength training. I have felt so uncoordinated on the treadmill this week. Last week I felt like I was gliding along, this week, I can't seem to get comfortable on the stupid thing. 51 days until the time changes.

I have a recorder that I haven't played in years. I played clarinet for a year or two in elementary school but stopped when I made the gymnastics team.

RunningOnSand

It fits! It fits! It fits! 

Just beautiful, Blue!!!

HC, those weeks suck. And there never seems to be any rhyme or reason, either.

Docket_Rocket

Blue, that is one gorgeous dress!

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

Both the Austin half marathon and the Houston Marathon and Half are this weekend.  We've had  some fairly good, if humid, weather all this week in Texas.  So now that the races are this weekend, of course the temps are heading back down into the mid-30s to low 40s, with some wind too.    Good luck to all the participants!

Have been running steadily this week - running every other day and that seems to help me stay energized a bit more.  Doing x-training on my non-running days.   I don't put in a whole lot of weekly mileage, but I am just happy I can still keep on running, even if it is a lot less than I used to do.

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

GinnyinPA

Bluerun - that's gorgeous!