Beginners and Beyond

Friday Penguins will not get lost this time! (Read 20 times)

Singer who runs a smidge

Ok, having spent some quality time watching game show bloopers on YouTube, I am now less cranky! 

When it's all said and done, no one remembers how far we have run.  The only thing that matters is how we have loved.

Robert31320

Team TJ

Congratulate Lauren for us!  That's awesome.

Hi Pens.

I had a nice 7 mile tempo run last night. Let's hope I can keep it together for the next five months during marathon training. Last night was DD's XC awards banquet. She got a varsity letter and a special patch for her letterman's jacket. This year the league gave out 12 patches to the "scholar athletes" with the 12 highest GPA's. She earned a patch. She was the only one on her team to get one, boys and girls.  That's pretty cool and we are super proud of her. More importantly, she is just a nice, kind-hearted kid.

Easy miles on tap for later.  Have a good day.

Running for TJ because he can't.

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

Rest day for me today, although it did not feel like 'rest" since I had a lot of errands to do.  5K tomorrow morning, report and photos to follow.

Weather today and for the weekend:  got up to 71 today, high 60s tomorrow.   The San Antonio Rock n Roll Marathon is on Sunday, don't know if we have anyone here on the forums doing it.   Downtown is going to be CRAZY on Sunday, so I am just going to avoid that whole area.

Sounds like you had quite the adventure, Zelanie!

I like John Bingham.   My friend, KarenM (on the RW forums and facebook) and I  met him in person at, of all places, Mile 24 of the Honolulu Marathon in 2000.    Nice guy.

Good luck with marathon training, Jack, and congrats to your daughter!

Nice running, Traci!  Sounds like your shins are behaving.

a cyclist that passed us and shouted out "on your left Ladies"  Umm, Jerry, is there something you want to tell us? 

Way to keep the streak going, Kathleen!

Hope you've gotten home now, HsM, and eased your crankiness with some wine...chocolate...or whatever...

Congrats on the bridge run, sapf, glad it was windless and you didn't end up going from running to sailing!

Sorry about the aches and pains, Ginny.....ice bath time!  Or you can just go outside and roll around  nekkid in the snow..

Glad you got some miles in, Robert!  Out of town?  Safe trip!

Hope your miles went well, Damaris!

obiebke, everytime I read 'tabata' in one of your posts, it always make me think of that kid in the TV show "Bewitched"

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

tracilynn

Jack, what is your oldest Dd's 5K time?

sapf, I do extra squats and lunges (only one set though) along with the anatomy for runner ones. I think I'm just out of shape   Our local sports med doc was on the news the other day talking about how bad ankle injuries are and how many more working parts there are in an ankle as opposed to the knee.  Anyway, I thought of you. Nice run!

hey scotty!

and hey Robert !

~~~~~~~

Traci

JerryInIL

Return To Racing

a cyclist that passed us and shouted out "on your left Ladies" Umm, Jerry, is there something you want to tell us?

Apparently,  I don't run like an old man.

PADRunner

I like John Bingham.   My friend, KarenM (on the RW forums and facebook) and I  met him in person at, of all places, Mile 24 of the Honolulu Marathon in 2000.    Nice guy.

I think he's in SA for your R&R marathon.