Beginners and Beyond

Finally FriDAILIES (Read 49 times)

Hip Redux

So.... I bailed on my run at mile 2.   After the first mile, I negotiated with myself to hit mile 2 and decide then if I would stop.   I tried a walk/run strategy, but said eff it at mile 2 and just walked home!    One of those days that I just couldn't get my legs moving.

However, this will not stop me from stuffing my face at dinner. Big grin

So.... I bailed on my run at mile 2.   After the first mile, I negotiated with myself to hit mile 2 and decide then if I would stop.   I tried a walk/run strategy, but said eff it at mile 2 and just walked home!    One of those days that I just couldn't get my legs moving.

However, this will not stop me from stuffing my face at dinner. Big grin

That's 2 more miles than your average couch-dweller, who also does not stop from stuffing his/her face at dinner....Smile

Dave

Docket_Rocket

Some days are like that.  At least you tried.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

delicate flower

I hit the elliptical pretty hard for 60 minutes after work.  That was a tough workout.   Now I will make a pizza...

<3

YAYpril - B-Plus

I didn't do 6, or even 4, but I got out for a couple easy miles. I ran into a friend during my run so it was nice to stop and chat for a few minutes.

Docket_Rocket

Keep the streak alive!

I didn't do 6, or even 4, but I got out for a couple easy miles. I ran into a friend during my run so it was nice to stop and chat for a few minutes.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

I hit the elliptical pretty hard for 60 minutes after work.  That was a tough workout.   Now I will make a pizza...

What is it with you people stuffing your faces at dinner? (Written between mouthfuls of pie....)

Dave

YAYpril - B-Plus

Keep the streak alive!

That was the only thing that got me outside. I wanted to say fuck it. Smile

Rondog65

Hello All,

Was suppose to be a SRD, but went out to do my scheduled Saturday 4 mile run up a day (trying to bump my weekend runs up a day to enjoy Easter with the family).  Weather is great, 55 degrees, out for a nice run, and inadvertently ate my first flying bug of the season.  The weather was so nice I bumped it up to 6 miles (probably that protein bug shot, who needs a gel shot).

Glad April kept her streak going!!

Ron's PRs 5K 24:14 (12/07/2013); Half Marathon 1:53:33 (5/26/2013)

kristin10185

Skirt Runner

hello running friends!

Quick check in.... Enjoying the vacay in Williamsburg with the bf.  Toured a winery and a brewery, had a spa day today while he golfed, did some stuff in Colonial Williamsburg. On tap this weekend: Busch Gardens, Jamestown and Yorktown. Got a run in today around the grounds of the Kingsmill resort. 3 miles, a lovely 52 degrees, nice and easy 11:26 pace.

Have a great Friday! And Good Friday for those who celebrate!

PRs:   5K- 28:16 (5/5/13)      10K- 1:00:13 (10/27/13)    4M- 41:43 (9/7/13)   15K- 1:34:25  (8/17/13)    10M- 1:56:30 (4/6/14)     HM- 2:20:16 (4/13/14)     Full- 5:55:33 (11/1/15)

I started a blog about running :) Check it out if you care to

Docket_Rocket

My 2 miles are done.  I still have the pushups, pullups, situps to do, but later.

Damaris

Fundraising Page

B-Plus

7 @ 8:46 in the glorious sunshine.

Hip Redux

7 @ 8:46 in the glorious sunshine.

You know, as soon as I went outside to run, the clouds came out and it got windy and cool.   Really?  Bah.

Dave - Hmmmmm, pie.  YUM!

Rondog - Congrats on the bug. lol

Kristin - Sounds like a great vacation day!

Operation stuff my face a success  - the chicken korma was delish!  Big grin

So_Im_a_Runner

Go figure

12-something for me today. I was warm. It was odd.

Trying to find some more hay to restock the barn

LRB

Weather is great, 55 degrees, out for a nice run, and inadvertently ate my first flying bug of the season. 

Got stung in the tongue while riding my bike once, I seriously had visions of suffocating!  No major damage though thank goodness.