Beginners and Beyond

2020 Dailies #249 (Read 25 times)

LRB

Solar panels are more common but some people have generators.

Ah, we have those too. And now with batteries to store the extra power to keep the generator from kicking in. It'll set you back north of 20 large here.

LRB

I'd be tired, too. Eff an ultra. 

FYP. 

Generator sales have been through the roof here the past 10 years. Are they common out there?

They’re very big where my parents are in Florida, because hurricanes. But they won’t power your A/C.

Dave

Half Crazy K 2.0

They’re very big where my parents are in Florida, because hurricanes. But they won’t power your A/C.

A number of people have generators here. Usually for sump pumps and fridges.

Docket_Rocket

I think if one would it would die in Florida within one night trying to cool off from that hell.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

ROS - is this true??

Dave

delicate flower

I don't know, I think if you go running around a schoolyard saying "Duck, duck, grey," you are just asking to get your ass kicked.

<3

sdWhiskers

Ah, we have those too. And now with batteries to store the extra power to keep the generator from kicking in. It'll set you back north of 20 large here.

We would do solar if it was ONLY $20k here. And you sell the extra power back to the power companies, bc it is sunny like every day.

We probably run AC half the days July-Sept and heat maybe 2-3 weeks each year (for a few hours). Water $$ >>> electricity $$

RunningOnSand

ROS - is this true??

Yep! Totally true.

RunningOnSand

KCRuns

10 miles with SIL followed by a 3 hour nap when I got home. It’s been an exhausting week. And now I have a pound cake in the oven for a family cookout tomorrow and will mix some strawberries with lemon zest and mint to go on top. Yum!

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

GinnyinPA

8 miles. It was a beautiful day here, sunny and 80, with low humidity. The run still sucked, but it was nice to be outside.

Docket_Rocket

I've never seen any kids say duck duck nothing, so I'll take your word for it.

I ran 9 tonight on the TM. I felt off all day but felt better after 5pm. Maybe the allergy shot followed by a massage wasn't a good idea. Both things can dehydrate you and both back to back might have been too much. Oh, well.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page