Beginners and Beyond

I'M CONVERTING HIM!!!!!! (Read 44 times)

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

So I've got some exciting news, something I've been dreaming and hoping for over the last 5-6 years finally seems to be coming together and quick.

I told you all about two weeks ago that DH finally bought himself a pair of running shoes, and I bought him running clothes, he ran/walked a total of 7 miles this week (his first week). Last night during our 2 miler, I mentioned that maybe someday he could be doing 5k's and place pretty good in his AG. He kind of scoffed at it, saying that during school the longest he ever ran was a 1 mile and that was with an all out effort, he just didn't believe that he could put out a 7 mm pace for a 5k by the end of this year. I didn't push more on the subject.

BUT.. ... earlier this afternoon he asked me exactly how far a 5k is and I told him 3.1, only a mile more than what he is up to so far. He asked if I could find one in Evansville that him and I could do together, run/walking!

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

Robert31320

Team TJ

Congrats!

Running for TJ because he can't.