Beginners and Beyond

It's Wednesday, do you know where your Penguins are? (Read 325 times)

TooStupidToStop

Rach^

Hello everyone!

I thought I lost you guys! I went on the RW Beginners Forum and couldn't find y'all. Thankfully someone left a link, leaving a trail to find everyone.

Well, I haven't been running lately because I've been sick. I got over one sickness only to get sick again with a stomach bug. So it hasn't been going well for me.

I have a "race" this weekend, but it is more of a fun run (8K) with hubby and a friend. We are going to run/walk it. I can't wait. Cool

Well, I hope y'all stay on this forum for a while ... so I don't lose you again!

Zelanie

I think it makes sense that we do personals to the people we actually have something on our minds to reply about.  I do love hearing everyone's stories every day even if I don't reply to all.

Scottydog is here!!!!!

Happy birthday, Kristi!

Steph- I'm glad you enjoyed the book.  It's on my list too but I am trying not to go out and buy every single running book all at the same time.

Jack- I forget whether it was today or yesterday, but glad the IT band is responding to the roller!

I think it makes sense that we do personals to the people we actually have something on our minds to reply about.  I do love hearing everyone's stories every day even if I don't reply to all.

Scottydog is here!!!!!

Happy birthday, Kristi!

Steph- I'm glad you enjoyed the book.  It's on my list too but I am trying not to go out and buy every single running book all at the same time.

Jack- I forget whether it was today or yesterday, but glad the IT band is responding to the roller!

I got the book from the library.  I'll photocopy a few of the work outs and I took some notes.  I have to say I love my local library.  

Steph 

“I go to nature to be soothed and healed, and to have my senses put in order.” John Burroughs

Awood_Runner

Smaller By The Day

Welcome Scotty!

Bin - I think you've got this.

The Nike+ worked well tonight.  Thank you all for laughing at my misfortune...lol  J/K  Got in another 6 miles.  That's 5 straight days.  Tomorrow will be a challenge because I have tickets to a show that I got for my birthday.  I'll try to get in some miles in the morning, even if I have to go to the gym and use the treadmill.

Improvements

Weight 100 pounds lost

5K 31:02 Sept. 2012 / 23:36 Sept. 2013 (Same Course)

10K 48:59 April 2013

HM 2:03:56 Nov. 2012 / 1:46:50 March 2013

MARATHON 3:57:33 Nov. 2013

Mmmmm...beer

Thanks everyone!  I'm still amazed that I actually like running, much less that I've been able to log those kinds of miles so quickly. 

Traci and Scotty!!!  Glad you guys found your way over here!  And welcome to the rest of the new folks too!

Liz, yup that was on my normal route.  I started out going for my regular 8 miler, but I was feeling really good so I decided to add the extra loops to make it 10.  But then I realized that it would put me very close to the 1,000 mile mark, so I had to do an extra lap around the lake just to be safe. 

Gonna do a couple of miles tomorrow and Friday to rest up for the race on Saturday.  Normally I would take tomorrow off entirely, but I'm doing the holiday streak (run every day from Thanksgiving to New Years), so I'll do a couple miles just to keep the streak going. Smile

-Dave

My running blog

Goals | sub-18 5k | sub-3 marathon 2:56:46!!

A Man On The Run!

Zeke - good luck with the run - are you asthmatic?

Hey Doc that is the $64,000 question.  My new insurance kicks in after the new year so I am just trying to firure out what I can and keep runnng.

Zeke

http://zekerunning.wordpress.com/

Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.- Albert Einstein

JerryInIL

Return To Racing

Almost forgot, Happy Birthday Kristi. Wink   !!!!!!!!

hog4life

Happy Bday Kristi.

Rach, hey I've missed you, sorry you're sick again.

Mmmmm...beer

Happy Birthday Kristi!!!!!

-Dave

My running blog

Goals | sub-18 5k | sub-3 marathon 2:56:46!!

Bin Running

Happy Birthday, Kristi..

Glad you managed to find us via the bread crumb..

2015 Races

2XU HM - 29 Mar

Bin Running

Dave, you are an animal.. 1000 miles...!!

2015 Races

2XU HM - 29 Mar

kristin10185

Skirt Runner

Whoa that's a lot of posts since I was here this morning, not doing a round 2 of personals just a happy birthday to Kristi!

PRs:   5K- 28:16 (5/5/13)      10K- 1:00:13 (10/27/13)    4M- 41:43 (9/7/13)   15K- 1:34:25  (8/17/13)    10M- 1:56:30 (4/6/14)     HM- 2:20:16 (4/13/14)     Full- 5:55:33 (11/1/15)

I started a blog about running :) Check it out if you care to